REPRODUCIBILITY : 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION : 22.214.171.124/24
HARDWARE : X, XA2
UI LANGUAGE: na
Sharing an event in Calendar via QR-Share fails because there are too many characters.
Sharing via e-mail reveals that there is too much unnecessary information.
- QR-Share plugin
- Simple local event
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
- create simple local calendar event
- share via QR-Share
(see also github QR-Share issue 18)
Sharing via email, saving the ICS file reveals:
- 215 lines, doesn’t fit in one QR.
- a simple “grep -v RDATE” gives 101 lines, which fits for QR-code.
- hand editing to 45 lines gave me a working event, scanned and imported correctly.
- Still, the QR-code looks too big for pratical use on a phone, but I don’t know enought ICS to make suggestions.
While “QR-Share” can do something about it, I suspect that Calendar is handling sharing just too dumb.