C2 screen doesn't respond first boot

Seems that when I reboot the phone, it goes to “Enter new security code” screen, but the screen is not responsive to touch, so I can’t enteri anything.

The screed did work when I selected the language though.

1 Like

Same problem here. I did select the language, then upon setting the PIN, the phone shut down due to empty battery. I did not realise this. It was just a few seconds after opening up. It seems to me the phone was running all the time, while traveling and got here without energy. This is unfortunate. Any other ways to try besides simply rebooting ?

1 Like

Perhaps using USB-OTG and a mouse/keyboard may be a workaround.

Connecting the USB does show up the options for MTP or charging. But the screen is still non-responsive.

Screenshot capturing works though … :smiley:

From @direc85 in this thread:

2 Likes

Doesn’t help, but I managed to get past entering security key with external keyboard. I entered 4 digit key and it went to choose wifi screen. I couldn’t choose it so I rebooted the devige. Now the touch screen works but it doesn’t let me enter 4 digit key, it expects 5 digit key before it let’s me press ok button.

now what? :joy:

1 Like

Already reported: https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/4-character-security-code-is-partially-possible/18279
Solution mentioned is to reflash the phone :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

ok how do I do that?

Do we have SFOS 5.0 to do a reflash ?

How did you exactly connect the external keyboard ? USB kbrd you mean ?

Alright, the only external keyboard around is a split keyboard. It works ! Didn’t know I’d work a on/with new phone with an external keyboard for the first time. I guess there must be a way to re-activate the screen.

Ah… I am also caught by the 4-digit PIN thing (see 4 character Security code is partially possible).

2 Likes

With Sailfish OS 4.6.0, it was possible to enter a 4-digit PIN using a hardware keyboard, even on the lock screen. Is that no longer possible?

It is possible to define a 4-digit PIN. It is not possible to enter it then and be accepted ! Accepted are 5-digit numbers. This is an important bug / programmatic design flaw in my humble view.

1 Like

@rainemak Can you please help us ? Do we need to send-in our phones ? Or can we find somewhere a version 5.0 to download and reflash it ourselves ?

1 Like

Oh I’m sorry you had to hit that bug too :frowning:

This is not just a 4-digit PIN problem. I have 6 digits and booting stops after pressing enter to decrypt /home. Root is fine because entering a wrong PIN gives the appropriate error message.

First boot was fine except for “Networking not available. Please restart phone.” Second boot was exactly like first, including encrypting /home again.

From third boot onwards spinning circle after pressing Enter after entering correct PIN. Same behavior with a USB keyboard.

Phone is recognized as 18d1:0afe Google Inc. Jolla C2. I tried different button combinations but couldn’t get it to fastboot or adb mode - but I managed to fix my Gigaset GS290 so it wasn’t all bad.

I didn’t have a SIM in it when the problem started.

2 Likes

Please open a ticket at Jolla customer support ( https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new ).

Describe in detail what you did and what happened. If you have some “evidence” like screenshots or logs, attach them, too.

How did the issue with the short security code go? Were you connected to C2 with a USB keyboard initially when setting up the code for the first time? Did you set the code in the numeric or alphanumeric mode (of Sailfish)?

3 Likes

Ok I sent request and referenced to this thread.

1 Like

I have the same issue as @hopey and the reported issue by @mickobal. I’d save you from not sending yet another same-same ticket.