Building Irssi rpm on X10II

Dear Community
Could someone please help me or guide me building Irssi with Irssi-fish on the device for arm64? Seems I am too stupid, I have the rpm build tools and the source but fail to .make

szopin isn’t around any more

I’m still around but don’t have aarch64 device. You can just download the sources, install gcc, gcc-c++, make, rpm, rpm-build, meego-rpm-config libstdc+±devel (possibly more depending on the errors you get) and from terminal just make and then make install in the sources dir (make install will require root), no need to build rpms, but if you want can share the dir structure/spec files I used for the arm build
edit: this howto still works just skip any btrfs commands as that was useful on jolla 1 only HowTo: Install a chroot for building apps - together.jolla.com but for CLI apps is not even needed (does help with GUI apps as there was some mess with mesa graphical dev libs conflicting with libhybris on device)

1 Like

cooool, thx dude ! ! !

Sailfish OS Is there an Android app?

there is 'IRC for Android", including fish, but not cbc and ecb and unreliable. Usability is good but I prefer IRSSI over everything else as soon as you’re used to it.

I am totally lost. Could install irsii somehow but fish won’t.
glib.h not found

I’ll try to get it compiled on chum

1 Like

check if this installs and works for you:
https://build.sailfishos.org/package/binary/home:szopin/irssi?arch=aarch64&filename=irssi-8-1.41.1.jolla.aarch64.rpm&repository=sailfish_latest_aarch64

2 Likes

and here’s irssi-fish for 64bit:
https://build.sailfishos.org/package/binary/home:szopin/irssi-fish?arch=aarch64&filename=irssi-fish-8-1.29.1.jolla.aarch64.rpm&repository=sailfish_latest_aarch64
let me know if these work for you and will try to get it sorted with the 64 libs to get it on chum

2 Likes

wow, 1000 thx, irssi installes ok, but /load fish gives a "cannot open shared-object file /usr/local/lib/irssi/modules/libfish_core.so

try /load /usr/local/lib64/irssi/modules/libfish.so instead of /load fish, seems to work fine on armv7hl weird
EDIT: latest versions will be without the ‘local’ part so: /load /usr/lib64/irssi/modules/libfish.so

1 Like

no problems on armv7, on 64 nothing installs in lib64, dir is empty. hmmm

irssi-fish is installing /usr/local/lib64/irssi/modules/libfish.so and that’s pretty much it, there shouldn’t be any libfish_core.so

1 Like

you’re using old irssi, uninstall all irssi you have and try to reinstall the irssi from the provided link above
(or if you were trying to ‘make install’ manually remove all irssi binaries you can find)
edit2: after having the irssi from obs installed make sure to run ‘/usr/bin/irssi’ it should be same ABI as the irssi-fish (in case you have some leftover /bin/irssi etc from trying to install rpms from other distros maybe?)
edit3: irssi --version should return: irssi 1.3-head (20210808 1300)

1 Like

YEAAAH
U are king, thx 100000 times, it finally works

1 Like