REPRODUCIBILITY: At least 90 percent
OS VERSION: 184.108.40.206 Vanha Rauma
HARDWARE: Sony Xperia 10 III
UI LANGUAGE: en_GB
REGRESSION: This problem didn’t exist 6 months ago, but it occurred before updating to Vanha Rauma.
There are two types of problems:
Type 1: NewPipe can’t survive closing a video without crashing.
Type 2: NewPipe can’t survive closing a video and performing another task (opening the menu, pressing the ‘return’ arrow, opening a new video) without crashing.
- Close all the apps or reboot the phone
- Launch NewPipe
- Open a video and let it run for a while (e.g. 1 minute)
- Close the video (sometimes this is enough for the crash to occur)
- Open another video / press the ‘return’ arrow / open the menu
I exptected one of these two types of outcomes:
- Closing the current video without crashing.
- Closing the current video and performing another task after that.
NewPipe crashes, sometimes the whole Android Support layer crashes too.
- Aurora Store
- I have tried with and without tuning the low memory killer
Another post that may be related:
I have collected logs from the Sailfish side using this guide. Since they may contain some sensitive information, I will not share them in this forum, but I can send them to Jolla personnel.
When trying to collect logs from Android side using the command
lxc-attach -n aliendalvik -- /system/bin/logcat > $MYHOME/android-logs.txt
I run into following error
lxc-attach: aliendalvik: terminal.c: lxc_terminal_create_native: 927 Not a directory - Failed to open terminal multiplexer device
and no file android-logs.txt is created.
I’ve tried to use NewPipe Legacy instead, but the problem persists. Also, new clean install of NewPipe had no effect.
Me and my friend tried to reproduce the same behaviour on his phone (X10III & Vanha Rauma), but weren’t able to do that. If you can help by trying to reproduce this on your device, I would be very grateful!