[bug] Gallery app: opening video file with xdg-open invokes Gallery app without control elements

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.2.0.19
HARDWARE (XA2, X10, X10 II, …): X10 II
UI LANGUAGE:German
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): ?

DESCRIPTION: When opening a video file from terminal with xdg-open or via the File Browser app, the Gallery app opens and the video is played back right away, but there are no control elements such as Play/Stop button or the time-ruler at the bottom. If the same video file is opened directly with the Gallery app or via Settings → Memory everything is fine.

If the Gallery app is closed after opening a video file from the terminal with xdg-open, the Gallery process does not stop properly

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. open a video file from terminal with xdg-open <filename>
  2. Gallery app opens and play video file instantaniously - ther are no conrol elements such as Play/Stop button
  3. close Gallery app → Gallery app disappears from home screen
  4. try to open another video file from terminal with xdg-open <filename> → nothing happens because Gallery process is still running in the background

EXPECTED RESULT:

using xdg-open:
Gallery app should open with control elements
Gallery app should close properly

ACTUAL RESULT:

when opening a video file from the terminal: Gallery app starts but without control elements
when closing Gallery app: Gallers app disappears from home screen but process is still running

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

2 Likes

I tested on a X10-3 with 4.5.0.19 and can’t reproduce. It looks fixed with latest updates.

I guess you are right - the problem did not occurr to me since months, too. So must have been solved. Thank you for reminding