/usr/bin/invoker --type=browser,silica-qt5 -A -- /usr/bin/sailfish-browser

the same result - nothing.

Does the same with other official app?
Maybe the wasn’t applied correctly.

What are the results as root:

pkcon refresh
pkcon update

Perhaps browser debugging reveals something useful:

Having said that, the go-to suspect in browser-related issues is corrupted profile. It should pop up in the debug output, I think.

this:

MOZ_LOG="AudioStream:5,MediaFormatReader:5,MediaSource:5" sailfish-browser youtube.com

shows nothing, as before.

btw it would be maybe worth considering to change youtube.com to example.com :wink:

There are a metric ton of modules to log:

https://searchfox.org/mozilla-central/search?q=LazyLogModule+.*\("&path=&case=true&regexp=true

I don’t think you need anything after sailfish-browser in the command, as it’s the startup itself that buggers.

Have you done an extra reboot after the 4.5.0 upgrade?

just the one reboot needed after upgrade. The problem is that there’s no log, no errors, no debug I can get anything past the:

$ sailfish-browser
[D] unknown:0 - Using Wayland-EGL

I think it’s the problem before even log system initializes but I can be wrong

@pherjung the output of pkcon commands are here:

$ LANG=C pkcon refresh
Refreshing cache                                                                                                         
Starting                                                                                                                 
Refreshing software list                                                                                                
Finished                                                                                                                
$ LANG=C pkcon update
Getting updates                                                                                                         
Finished                                                                                                                
No packages require updating to newer versions.

For the other apps: Gallery, Camera, Messages, Clock, Terminal, Jolla Shop, Sound recorder all are starting and working.

PR are welcome.

nor sure I understand what you have in mind.

If you want, you can provide a PR to change youtube.com to example.com.

ah ok… sure… but right now, browser that doesn’t start up is more important.

@pherjung does it ring any bell? I skipped the -A flag

]$ /usr/bin/invoker --type=browser,silica-qt5 – /usr/bin/sailfish-browser
invoker: warning: enforcing sandboxing for ‘/usr/bin/sailfish-browser’
Error: can’t chdir to privileged
constructing /run/firejail/mnt/privileged: Images …
mounting /run/firejail/mnt/privileged @ /home/defaultuser/.local/share/system/privileged
hiding /run/firejail/mnt/privileged
Error: can’t chdir to privileged

it seems that killing booster-browser helped.
Could be also that sailfish-browser-searchengines removing and installing back did the trick.