Browser, camera, email won't start (sometime)... again

phone : xperiaX

After sometime several main app won’t start, this include mostly browser, camera, email, even sms. Usually one stop opening while others still working but stop eventually. The only thing to do is doing a reboot.
System is up to date (pkcon refresh/update ), memory < 50%, system partition at 59%, internal at 72%, no other app running, this never happen with other app or android. One time I even had to remove/install email to get it work again.

I had issues with previous release (can’t remember at which number the problem happened) but now it’s every couple of days.

Thoughts ?
Thanks

Could be interesting to catch errors launching those apps with the terminal.

This is so obvious I didn’t think about it, not like I haven’t a dev console opened all day long :upside_down_face:

of course I just rebooted the phone, so will see in a few days with more info

thanks

ok brower stop working again ! but this time it’s getting a little more interesting.
So if I try to open a link from the notification (twitter) of from the menu, the app seem to launch with a “wait/loading” icon then few second latter close.
as advised I launched if from a terminal, as a regular user, and it open without error (!?), as long as it’s open I can open link from sms or notification; if I close it, back to this weird behavior. Open it again from console, no error, links load as expected !

(btw unrelated but (/var/log/lastlog seem corrupted with a size of 29mb from ls-hl, a du -h list it at 44kb)

I got a similar error. I’m currently unable to open harbour-sailfishconnect without the terminal.

With journalctl I retrieved followed error :

mars 15 08:24:31 Xperia10II-DualSIM invoker[17238]: warning: PRIVATE CONNECTION 0x353b4920 CONNECTED
mars 15 08:24:31 Xperia10II-DualSIM invoker[17238]: warning: PRIVATE CONNECTION 0x353b4920 DISCONNECTED

And there is still two processes about harbour-sailfishconnect. Once I killed them, I could start harbour-sailfishconnect again.

hello

how do we know the command line to issue on the terminal to launch a GUI application ?

If its an official app, it starts with jolla-
Other apps start with harbour-
On terminal use tab to list available apps.

some digging, on journalctl after a fail to launch app (never to older):

mars 15 15:32:35 Sailfish lipstick[3743]: Remote action failed: Process org.sailfishos.browser.ui exited with status 1
mars 15 15:32:35 Sailfish dbus-daemon[1987]: dbus-daemon[1987]: [session uid=100000 pid=1987] Activated service ‘org.sailfishos.browser.ui’ failed: Process org.sailfishos.browser.ui exited with status 1
mars 15 15:32:35 Sailfish invoker[6526]: warning: Launch failed, application specific booster is not available.
mars 15 15:32:35 Sailfish dbus-daemon[1987]: dbus-daemon[1987]: [session uid=100000 pid=1987] Activating service name=‘org.sailfishos.browser.ui’ requested by ‘:1.1407’ (uid=100000 pid=6523 comm="/usr/libexec/mliterem
oteaction org.sailfishos.brow")

Could be a problem with starting services oriented app remotely (and therefore from the menu) since it happen only with jolla app (browser, email, camera, but weather or contact work as expected) and launching them directly from terminal works as expected, as long as the app is running I can get redirection from notification or sms, read email etc…

/usr/bin/invoker -o --type=qt5 /usr/bin/sailfish-browser
/usr/bin/invoker -o --type=qt5 /usr/bin/jolla-email

Same with email (but has to be launch with invoker, directly it return a no configured error)

Edit : I tried to kill lipstrick, ui reload but doesn’t solve the problem

I have exactly the same problems on a XperiaX. Plus, that it is sometimes not so easy to reboot, because the device doesn’t shut down properly. I’ve already done a filesystemcheck and there where some errors, which were corrected. But that doesn’t helped. The problems with not starting apps persist.