Bluetooth connection to car shows always "battery 100%", independed from the actual battery status

REPRODUCIBILITY: 100%
OS VERSION: 4.4.0.68
HARDWARE: Xperia 10 III
UI LANGUAGE: DE
REGRESSION:

DESCRIPTION:

After connecting my Xperia 10 III to the car (Mazda 3), the icon of the battery status shows always 100%, even if the battery has 50% or 10%.

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Connect Xperia 10 III per Bluetooth with car
  2. Look at the screen of the car → battery icon “full”

EXPECTED RESULT:

The display of the car should show the appropriate icon, which describes the battery status correctly

ACTUAL RESULT:

Icon always shows “full”.

MODIFICATIONS:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Already observed with 4.4.0.64

(Status of Android-phones was shown correctly on the car screen.)

1 Like

Confirmed on LG MediaNAV Evolution and X Compact since SFOS4.1

It’s always been like that, independent from the device I used (at least for Sailfish X).

Lucky you! I can’t pair it with my car kit at all (unlike any other smartphone I’ve ever tried). It is seriously broken. Most of the time it doesn’t even ask for the pairing code.

It used to work in the early years on the Jolla1, there was an update to Bluetooth that broke it, that would show charge level at time of restarting Bluetooth, since the Sailfish X program they’ve been using bluez 5 nd it’s necer worked.

I’d like to see it back.

2 Likes

Off-topic: Bluetooth-connection to car-entertainment improved
With the update to 4.4.0.72 today I could start, stop and step to different songs with the car-buttons, when I heard music via Bluetooth from the phone. Nice surprise ;-).

Thanks for raising this @Speedy-10. We did already have an internal issue for this, but I’ve linked your post with it and tagged it here as “tracked”. If there are updates to share, I’ll do my best to reply back here.

With 4.5.0.16 I discovered a better bluetooth-experience:
Playing songs with spotify: Now it is possible to change songs directly with the “buttons of the car” (here Mazda 3).