Blocked on the security page after upgrade 4.1.0.24

Hello

i update in last version 4.1.0.24 an Xperia XA2 Plus Dual-sim
after reboot I arrive on the entry security code page.
I enter my security code but it loops on this page without passing.

i try to recovery mode
take option 3 shell

but i have an error

If you continue, this may void your warranty. Are you really SURE? [y/N] [y/N] y
/usr/lib/qt5/plugins/devicelock/encpartition: error while loading shared libraries: librtmp.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[OK] No lockcode has been set. Proceedingā€¦

if i try to open my data partition itā€™s ok
cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/mapper/sailfish-home crypt-home

mount -vv -t ext4 -o ro /dev/mapper/crypt-home /mnt
mount: mount(ā€™/dev/mapper/crypt-homeā€™,ā€™/mntā€™,ā€˜ext4ā€™,0x00008001,ā€™(null)ā€™):0

i can ā€œReset device to factory stateā€ but iā€™m prefered not

if I am forced to reset how can backup my home partition with dd ?

may be same bug
Update 3.4 on XA2plus dualsim - cannot get passed security key

thanks

dino

In a thread on one of the Telegram groups recently someone had a similar problem.

The reason there was a wrong version of libcurl was installed. (which explains why a library for RTMP, a media streaming protocol, is involved).
As libzypp, responsible for installing packages, links against curl, this breaks package handling through zypper or pkcon.

You should be able to verify this by doing something like this:

1. get into recovery mode
  2. mount system and home
  3. chroot into the system partition
  4. do a ldd /usr/lib/libzypp* and look for any NOT FOUND output
  5. also ldd libcurl and check

If you get messages about missing librtmp as well that appears to be the problem indeed.

To fix, you need to get a correct libcurl package and install it in the chroot using rpm (as pkcon and zypper donā€™t work).
Not sure where to get the right curl package though,

hello

thanks for that
for system and chroot what partition need to mount ?

dino

i see
chroot /rootfs

librtmp.so.1 no found for libzypp.so.1722, libzypp.so.1722.2.2 , libcurl.o.4 , libcurl.so.4.7.0,

i found in /rootfs/usr/share/GetiPlay/lib/librtmp.so.1

i cp this in /usr/lib/ itā€™s works !!!

thanks very much

dino

1 Like

Glad it helped.

But you still have a wonky libcurl installed, try to replace that with the official one ASAP, and remove the copied rtmp lib again.

yes i try to install official version, by downgrade
installed libcurl-7.76.1-2.armv7hl
i think the right version is : libcurl-7.75.0+git1-1.3.3.jolla.armv7hl

I have that :
InstallƩ libcurl-7.76.1-2.armv7hl (installed) A library for getting files from web servers
Disponible libcurl-7.75.0+git1-1.3.3.jolla.armv7hl (jolla) A library for getting files from web servers
Disponible libcurl-7.51.0-1.armv7hl (openrepos-lourens) A library for getting files from web servers
Disponible libcurl-7.75.0-2.armv7hl (openrepos-lpr)

zypper install --oldpackage libcurl=7.75.0+git1
go back to jolla version I think

Hi, I ran into the same issue while trying to upgrade to 4.1.0.24 with the same device (XA2 plus dual-sim). In recovery mode, I located librtmp.so.1 in /usr/lib but I cannot zypper anything even though it was installed earlier. Now Iā€™m pretty much stuckā€¦ unless a factory reset :frowning:
Anyone with an idea?