Block ads on Sailfish 4.4

You can also run adguard’s DNS on the Android side of things with the SecureDNS options…

It will only help that portion though…

No gambling! Jeez, my life is one big gamble :wink:

2 Likes

It doesn’t work for me. I’ve curled the regular StevenBlack hosts file to /etc/hosts, but it seems like it doesn’t block any ads in a native browser.

You need to restart the browser and the browser booster, would be my guess.
systemctl --user restart booster-browser

2 Likes

I spoke too soon. After I rebooted the device, it worked as intended. Thank you

I personally use the Dan Pollock’s hosts list Using a Hosts File To Make The Internet Not Suck (as much) and I’m happy. It’s included in the StevenBlack list quoted above as well.
I tried the Ultimate Hosts Blacklist GitHub - Ultimate-Hosts-Blacklist/Ultimate.Hosts.Blacklist: The Ultimate Unified Hosts file for protecting your network, computer, smartphones and Wi-Fi devices against millions of bad web sites. Protect your children and family from gaining access to bad web sites and protect your devices and pc from being infected with Malware or Ransomware. and it somehow broke SFOS networking (unable to launch the phone application or anything else) until I put back the shorter list.

1 Like

Some hosts blocklists already contain the default entries, e.g. Steven Black’s. They might or might not be what you want, and combining several such lists can have undesired side-effects (A mistake I have to fix in my own script) - maybe even break networking.