BitSailor support thread

I installed a specific version and it works now, shall i just hold off updating the cli until node and npm is more up to date?

Sorry, I seem to not get notifications. What exactly did you get older version of?

Thats okay, i installed bitwarden/cli@2023.8.2 manually from command line, anything later than that version didnt work. It works fine currently just asks me to update when i open it

I have a problem that I donā€™t see described elsewhere:
I tried to log in but didnā€™t know I had to add the client_id and secret, so I just put in the username, password and server. The application asked me to enter the api keys and I did, but it would no longer let me try to log in again.
I tried logging in directly with the ā€œbwā€ command and was able to do it without problems, but now the app keeps spinning around and has the text ā€œAuthenticatingā€¦ā€.
I tried everything I could think of, reinstalling the app, logging out from SSH, deleting the file in .config/Bitwarden CLI/data.json and nothing, the app is still stuck in the spin.
Any idea how to start the process again?

Ok, I think I found how to fix it:
uninstall bw, open the app, try to install bw from the app (it will fail because of a broken dependency), close the app, go to SSH and install the @bitwarden/cli@2023.8.2 version and open the app again.
With those steps I managed to get everything working perfectly.
One last note, as microtube depends on a very specific version of nodejs that interferes with the version you include in your repo, the best is to install the microtube version (which includes binaries called npm18 and node18) and manually create the symlinks to have npm and node.