Better Description of Section "Bug Reports"

Maybe the description of “Bug Reports” should be more specific about which parts of the “software” the reports should be about. What does “software” stand for? The OS, apps by jolla, third party apps?

4 Likes

I thought that the bug reports section is for all things made by Jolla, then we have the Applications section for 3rd party apps (and of course Jolla apps as well). So maybe a better distinction between OS bugs and app bugs could be provided.

Not everyone can easily tell if an error is caused by the OS or the apps. That’s why I would propose we gather all observations on Sailfish OS including Jolla apps and Harbour apps to the Bugs reports category.

Android apps may make a difference as Jolla does not develop or modify them. The same goes with 3rd party Sailfish apps. They should be discussed in the Application category.

2 Likes

I somewhat disagree with that - We can’t really expect that the developers of Harbour apps follow the bug reports on this forum. I’m not saying that I wouldn’t allow posting bug reports about them, it’s just that it’s quite possible that those bug reports will go unnoticed by the app developers and the bugs will remain not fixed because of that.

2 Likes

How about feature/enhancement requests (for the OS/Jolla apps)?

Should they go to Bug Reports as well? They fit neither “Applications” nor “Design” really.

OK, no Harbour apps.

2 Likes

We need a dedicated category for feature requests.

4 Likes