Belgium Argenta Bank android app

Just to add a data point: I use the Argenta app with microG and it works fine for me on my X 10 on 4.5.

@vige @jovirkku I got some info from the Sailfish Group on telegram it seems some Android apps has problem to run on a 64bit device like Argenta do, it seems it works on all 32bit devices as the told me but not on the Xperia 10 III i hope Jolla can solve this asap.

@rubdos For the record, it also works without microG.

@Rudi The Xperia 10 II is also a 64-bit device, and it works on mine, so the problem can’t be caused solely by the architecture. Maybe it’s only a problem on the 10 III?

Anyway, I just realised that we’ve been looking at the wrong desktop files. The real desktop file is called apkd_launcher_be_argenta_bankieren-be_argenta_bankieren_ui_flows_login_SplashActivity.desktop and has these contents:

[Desktop Entry]
Exec=apkd-launcher be.argenta.bankieren.apk be.argenta.bankieren/be.argenta.bankieren.ui.flows.login.SplashActivity
Icon=/home/defaultuser/.local/share/apkd-bridge/launcherIcon/apkd_launcher_be_argenta_bankieren-be_argenta_bankieren_ui_flows_login_SplashActivity.png
Name=Argenta
Type=Application
Version=1.0
X-Nemo-Application-Type=no-invoker
X-apkd-apkfile=/home/.android/data/app/be.argenta.bankieren.apk
X-apkd-className=be.argenta.bankieren.ui.flows.login.SplashActivity
X-apkd-packageName=be.argenta.bankieren
X-apkd-packageVersion=6.0.1
1 Like

I have the same dektop file, i think it’s a problem only on the Xperia 10 III on 4.5 as on 4.4 it was working…more i dont know i hope the can solve it asap…

Indeed. I just tried the version 6.0.1 on my X10 III and it doesn’t work.

1 Like

Wierd if you ask me i dont know what the have change into 4.5…

I have a feeling this is related to what Jusa described as “better separation between Android apps” in the blog post. To me it looks like Argenta is trying to create the realm database in somewhere where it doesn’t have write access to. But I’m really not an expert and I’m just guessing.

Could this be fixed ?

I know it write the data info /home/.android/data/data/be.argenta.bankieren

I found something wrong here i think it’s some bug logcat say:

FileUtils: Failed to chmod(/data/user/0/be.argenta.bankieren/databases/google_app_measurement_local.db): android.system.ErrnoException: chmod failed: EPERM (Operation not permitted)

It seems this files exits here:

/home/.android/data/data/be.argenta.bankieren/databases

But the directory the logcat give dont exits…

Somehow Argenta is escaping the “Android jail” and is trying to write to real /data/ instead of Android’s /home/.android/data/

Sometimes symlinking works but now different Android paths have different owners and groups.

Correction: it installs in the right place - Android root in /home/.android/ - but the app tries to read (probably write, too, but it crashes on read) from real root.

Similar behavior - 32-bit works, 64 doesn’t, both work on 4.4 - also in Element IM and Netflix. X-Plane Flight Simulator doesn’t work on anything but has path issues.

Yes indeed i have note that also i try change the permissions but it was not possble to get it running, so i think there would be no other way and wait for Jolla if the can fix it, i dont know…

Added to internal bug tracker

1 Like

Does anybody has a link for latest 4.4 xperia10III? Thanks!
Same issue here with Italian Banking App IntesaSanpaolo

You can found it here:

1 Like

I have see Argenta app has got an update today you have try it now on 4.5 ? I’m back to 4.4 so i could not try it but just like to know mebay it works now…

No change (10 II and 10 III).

1 Like

Do Argenta works now ? I one come back to sfos…

New version, no change: 32-bit (XA2) works, 64-bit (10 II and 10 III) doesn’t.

(Just seeing Dutch makes me want to eat Kapsalon)

Fix by nekron (tested on 10 II and III; I just commented the lines out with #):

• modify the /etc/aas-seccomp-profile and remove the following two lines
    • mknodat errno 0
    • mknod errno 0

Read this first:

1 Like