Battery usage on JP26

There are several apps available which can check the CPU usage.
For usage more than a moment I find SysMetrics in Record load the most suitable.

1 Like

I found, that activated Bluetooth increases idle consumption considerably. It should be good practice though to always turn it off when not needed.

I have constantly 0.6% CPU usage from maliit-server, shown by top. Could this be due to the use of FUTO keyboard? Do you have less impact by maliit-server?
Thanks!

In my experience constant CPU usage of maliit-server is abnormal. I’d drop any other than default keyboard from SFOS if maliit-server has activity when you are not actually typing.

I had extensive battery usage on my J2 for a short while after installing some vibe coded apps. After removing them, everything went back to normal.

1 Like

are vibe coded apps not subject to audit testing do they go directly into service without being tested

Auditing and testing are two different things. You say it in a way implying you don’t understand one or both those things. Apps were already light on that - vibe-coded apps will be lighter still (on average - and do note i said vibe-coded).

2 Likes

Yes you are right, by testing I meant auditing. From what I understand not much effort goes into that area, which is actually not a good thing.

Auditing in a formal sense is very rare for any apps on SFOS. I would like to claim otherwise, since I maintain a bunch, but my ‘auditing’ is eyeballing and ‘feelings’. I do as much ‘due diligence’ as I’m able, but, frankly, that’s nowhere near audit levels.

3 Likes

I’ve dug further into the lipstick CPU drain bug with AI. We actually found the problem. And… it turns out the bug is long, long known, but never fixed. Ugh. :face_with_steam_from_nose:

New bug report: FadeAnimator in NotificationActionRow.qml causes lipstick to drain CPU (WITH FIX!) And I also (re)created the Patch Manager patch, for use with SFOS 5.2.0.18.

2 Likes