Backup Using Wrong Target Cloud Service

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.3
HARDWARE (XA2, X10, X10 II, …): XA2
UI LANGUAGE: ENGLISH
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Yes

DESCRIPTION:

I have both a dropbox and a onedrive account configured on my SFOS XA2. Settings/Backup is configured to automatically backup to the dropbox account:

What actually happens is that the system tries, and then fails, to automatically backup to the Onedrive account, even though this is not configured as such:

Furthermore, the error message is inaccurate - there is plenty of free space on my OneDrive account (about 4Gb - I only have the free version) and also on my phone (4.8Gb) for any temporary files the backup might create before uploading to the cloud. I have close to 800Gb free on Dropbox (I have the paid version), and if I manually initiate the backup to Dropbox it works just fine. If I look on Dropbox then the size of the last manually created backup was just 1.7Mb.

PRECONDITIONS:

Two configured cloud services - Dropbox and Onedrive

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. In settings, configure backup’s target to be dropbox for automatic backups
  2. wait
  3. Look in your notifications area and see that it has tried and failed to backup to Onedrive instead.

EXPECTED RESULT:

It backs up to the chosen target

ACTUAL RESULT:

It tries to backup to the wrong target.

Are you still experiencing this bug?

The short answer is I don’t know. This bug was reported over a year ago - and since I couldn’t wait anywhere near that amount of time to get a working backup solution to Dropbox from Jolla I got rid of my Dropbox account and moved to a managed Nextcloud solution (which does work) instead. I moved to Nextcloud in January 2023, so all I can tell you is that it still wasn’t working up to then.

1 Like