Backup attempt keeps failing!

I’m currently trying to create a back up before upgrading to the latest SFOS but every time I create a backup, it stops before completion with a message about “Error: cannot load Messages”…if I keep trying it will seemingly get further along the process and stop with “Error: cannot load Notes”

A bit confused by this as I have plenty of memory on the SD card and on the device and never previously had any issues with creating a backup

Can someone help?

There should be a log about the backup attempt in
/home/defaultuser/.local/share/sailfish-backup/logs/.

The log of a backup just completed (or still incomplete) can also be viewed directly at the display by long-tapping the progress line.

What are the last lines in it?

1 Like

thanks for the reply.

Where can I find that directory? I have just looked and via File Browser I cant seem to find that folder

Do you have File Browser from Jolla Shop? This version from Jolla Shop can’t access all directories and is limited.

Download and install version 2.5.1: Mar 30 2022 from here:
https://openrepos.net/content/ichthyosaurus/file-browser

another way is to enable developer mode in settings and access the device via ssh from computer, become ‘devel-su’ and work on command line interface (CLI).

1 Like

thanks

there appear to be 3 different versions of 2.5.1…how do I figure out the right one for me. Im on an XA2

harbour-file-browser-2.5.1-1.armv7hl.rpm is the right one for the XA2

1 Like

thanks for that…I now have a more recent version of File Browser but still cant see /home/defaultuser/.local/share/sailfish-backup/logs/

If i go into Home there is no folder for default user, any ideas

Do you have ‘Show hidden files’ enabled?

1 Like

Oh dear…still cant see it :frowning:

the user is called nemo on old installs

1 Like

Wow…thats been a bit of an adventure…

found the log…

Error! error=ProcessError errorString=Process exited with non-zero exit code or status, quitting.

found the log…

Error! error=ProcessError errorString=Process exited with non-zero exit code or status, quitting.

any advice?

Imho, there is not enough info to understand where the problem is.
Can you share a bigger part/the whole log?

[ERROR] 3 Process exited with non-zero exit code or status, quitting.
Removing all working files in /home/nemo/.local/share/system/privileged/Backups-tmp
Start: rm -rf /home/nemo/.local/share/system/privileged/Backups-tmp
Done: rm [OK]
Status = Error
Status text: Error: cannot load Playlists

Hmm…not much easier with the details.
Last time I had that was because the SD card was missing space.
But you said yours has plenty, so… I have no idea, sorry.