Application in Partnerspace lossing blur

REPRODUCIBILITY: Always
OS VERSION: 4.4.0.72
HARDWARE: Sony Xperia 10 II
UI LANGUAGE: French
REGRESSION: Don’t know

DESCRIPTION:

When adding an application to the Partnerspace, the app lost its blurry background.

PRECONDITIONS:

none

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. dconf write /desktop/lipstick-jolla-home/partnerspace/applications "['/usr/share/applications/harbour-sailtrix.desktop']"
  2. Swipe to the right.
  3. The background blur is missing in the app.

EXPECTED RESULT:

To have the application properly rendered.

ACTUAL RESULT:

The blur is missing

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

I have tried with the sailfish weather app and I have the same bug.

1 Like

Lol, I have a patch for that! :slight_smile:

--- a/usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/layers/PartnerLayer.qml	2022-07-21 14:16:20.111791614 +0200
+++ b/usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/layers/PartnerLayer.qml	2022-07-21 14:16:15.997253555 +0200
@@ -45,6 +45,8 @@
                 && (!partnerParent.window || windowFadeIn.running)
     property bool _cacheInvalidated

+    BlurredBackground { anchors.fill:parent }
+
     function start() {
         if (launcherItem && !launcherItem.isLaunching) {
             if (launcherActive) {
4 Likes

Partnerspace is still a thing?

It does work, although there are rumours that it will break in the near future.

I have just found it in the new documentation Merge pull request #105 from sailfishos/partnerspace · sailfishos/docs.sailfishos.org@8333c85 · GitHub

1 Like

Just assumed it got abandoned like the TOH concept, as last time I heard of both was during Jolla C/aquafish launch

@nephros super could you create a real patch in web cataloge please? I am afraid to change the file directly. I activate the partner spaces with shellex.
on:
dconf write /desktop/lipstick-jolla-home/partnerspace/applications "['/usr/share/applications/jolla-calendar.desktop', '/usr/share/applications/jolla-gallery.desktop','/usr/share/applications/harbour-received.desktop','/usr/share/applications/harbour-talefish.desktop']"
off:
dconf write /desktop/lipstick-jolla-home/partnerspace/applications "['']"

Sie wünschen, wir spielen!

https://coderus.openrepos.net/pm2/project/patch-partnerspace-blur

7 Likes

Thank you it works perfekt. I ask me if it’s possible to make an option in settings for this nice feature in SFOS 4.5 like this.

This Partnerspace thing is AMAZING. The application added to it autostarts on boot, it gets automatically restarted if killed or crashed, it is a PERFECT place for an app that one needs to have running all the time. It doesn’t take space on the switcher screen, it can’t be accidentally / unintentionally closed, etc., and it is always accessible with a simple swipe. I use it now for my application to filter/reject unwanted calls.

Jolla, PLEASE, do not ever remove it. Even if it is of little use as what it originally was meant to be (i.e. space to be used by apps of your partners), just rename it to whatever else but keep it there. It’s one of the best features of this OS.

4 Likes

Thanks for highlighting this @sanginteret, and also for the patch @nephros :slight_smile:

I’ve added an internal issue and have tagged it as “tracked”. I’ll do my best to let you know what happens with it.

1 Like

Lol, I tried this and needed half an hour to figure out why it doesn’t work on my device. Turned out it isn’t compatible with no home carousel patch (which I could have expected).

1 Like

Oh thanks. Just tried to activate it and wondered why it didnt work

xD

1 Like

I think Partnerspace belongs in the Jolla settings as a permanent entry.
You should be able to select the apps or reset the function. There used to be a patch from Coderus called “Custom Partnerspace”.

2 Likes