Any Inoi R7 users out there?

And btw in link ya provide says about 3.1.0.11 but I have 3.0.0.11 onboard. So my phone even wont get update to 3.1.0.11. And some guys says that they have 4.1.0.24 preinstalled (but I can’t agree with it).

Well, I guess this won’t be helpful to you, but my R7 got OTA-updates until Version 4.0.1.48 (always updated via GUI without any problems). Then there where no more OTA updates available for it.

User msdk brought his device further by updating via terminal (see this thread), but the latest update to 4.5.0.19 resulted in troubles with camera and gps.

What’s really annoying, is that there’s no reaction of Jolla (or other “knowing people”) on this at all…

2 Likes

Yep this isn’t help me at all) But interesting for sure. When I try to get update with terminal all logs similar to Comparing version strings issue · Issue #32 · Olf0/sfos-upgrade · GitHub

1 Like

Just as a curiosity, are you using SFOS or Aurora OS? Thank you!

As ya may read upper i have both of it. But Aurora is semilocked (locked on administrator account) and useless (but there is totally locked R7 even on user accounts existed). SailfishOS is stuck on old build.

1 Like

Have you tried to contact Jolla on zenhelp desk? The customer care.
INOI did manifactured it, but they don’t have anything to do with software, I guess.

I’m not. I already contact INOI and OMP (both company that have direct relation to this device). But both of it says: “sorry we can’t help ya” and both of it point to each other uhu. The reason is obviously to me (and I can’t say it loud I’m sorry). Ok Ill wrote to Jolla but I doubt they help. There is no any other device in selection but Sony and Jolla (oh and Gemini). So…

And this is kinda strange guys ya know. Well ok if Jolla wouldn’t support any other devices so why I’m still must use Jolla account to check updates (and chaining account works fine). As well as my phone shown in Jolla account:
P4903 IMEI Aug. 7, 2023

Hmm… Is Early access switch in Jolla account is still have any action?

Well ok… Im reflash it with LVM image to 4.0.1.48. Its all works fine. It wont fetch any updates still (no matter is early access on or off). The only visual difference is removed OMP layer (thanks God at least for it).

Finally I have update it to 4.1.0.24. Via terminal. And I still wish to know why it can’t get updates via GUI.
Meanwhile I get that Sailfish Mobile OS RUS isn’t the same as clear Sailfish OS. It is pre-Aurora OS. And I can understand why it can’t get updates. But not clear Sailfish OS. But now I have last one. I hope I can unbirck my another one INOI on Aurora OS to Sailfish OS.

1 Like

SW updates via GUI is a paid feature for Sailfish X.

2 Likes

Please be so kind to provide a link to the source of SailfishOS-p4903-lvm-4.0.1.48-p4903-0.0.2.44.tar.zip, presumably somewhere in the XDA forum. This will allow other users of an Inoi R7 (i.e., device ID p4903) to follow the upgrade path you successfully used.

I recommend using sfos-upgrade for upgrading SailfishOS at the command line; see its description for reasons.

Unfortunately, that post by @msdk does not tell, if it was working fine with SailfishOS 4.4.0.72, or if 4.3.0.12 was the last release which was working well. I also do not comprehend why 4.3.0.15 was not working well, but 4.3.0.12 was reported as O.K., as there is no significant difference. Maybe 4.2.0.21 ist the last release which really works fine. But as you can re-flash to 4.0.1.48 and upgrade from that at any time, you can try.
Note that I provided some ideas and questions to determine what the reason may be for the issues, which were observed.

1 Like

Oh wow… Starting from Sony “acquired” Jolla or something like this? Coz few year ago there were no anything like this. INOI R7 on OMP was updating fine. Brave new world…

Sure I do. There is it. Please mirror it in XDA with good English description. Both 4.0.1.24 (thanks to Ancelad of 4pda.ru and 2.0.2.48 with Tetst-Point method for bricked phones (thanks to eduard07_07 of 4pda.ru and Im pretty sure CODeRUS (readme in Russian guys so use translator). I didn’t check second way but on 4pda.ru users did it. And I wouldn’t check updates next with your scripts at least for now. I’ll try it at my second bricked INOI R7 on Aurora if I can unbrick it. Thank ya all guys!

BTW Android version on this hardware Wiko Mobile - TOMMY

The question: what is it https://releases.jollamobile.com/ ?

And P7 office links to test (Im not sure itll run well on SFOS coz its Aurora OS builds).
Offline edition and Cloud edition. But I suppose its precompiled for Aurora fork and to SFOS its need to be modded.

1 Like

This only applies to Sailfish X; i.e. the Xperias and Gemini PDA where you purchase a license separately.
Inoi, like old Jolla phones has it included in the price of course.

2 Likes

But its is broken. Well not phone didn’t say there is error. Its just say its up to date.
There is a rumors that Jolla ban Russia for known reason. But I can’t prove it. I fetch updates via terminal with no any VPN etc. And with VPN I can’t fetch it in GUI. Its good just to know whats going on and where is problem.

And next question is Jolla account needed for updates via terminal?

If you run ssu lr in terminal, you’ll se what servers are used.
If it is jolla’s, then they may have pulled the updates - and presumably you need an account with them (as opposed to something else).

Sounds pretty reasonable to me. But it doesn’t have to be out of spite or sanctions, it can be that the contract has run out and/or inoi stopped paying, or being able to pay.

1 Like

Guys please advice me how to use test-pont flash metohd right. I know that test points is directly on back of the phone right above battery. Im just don’t understand right way to flash.

Surely that phone is flashed over USB like everything else… What makes you say that it is even a thing?

I mean flash bricked phone using test point. Its a hard trick and it needs correct steps to make it right.

No.

Well, they are trying to separate all trade aspects since winter 2021, but I see no reason to punish the Russian users. Though many people do not clearly differentiate between Russia, the Russian government and the Russian people. Or it might be “collateral damage”, due to which for example all content at https://community.omprussia.ru and https://developer.auroraos.ru has become inaccessible for me (from the EU and without an VPN, I am always running into timeouts), even though Google does display content there as search results. :frowning_face:

Unfortunately there is a dependency missing, because I really would like to see this ~ 100 MByte (RPM file size of the “offline version”) Office suite in action:
Fatal error: nothing provides libauroraapp.so.2 needed by ru.r7-office.documents-1.0.137-1.armv7hl

Oh, I thought of a web-link to the discussion thread at 4pda.ru from which you obtained the download links. Never mind, these links to Google-Drive are fine. Do you have a more specific description (can be in Russian) what “test-point method for bricked phones” means?

Thank you very much for these downloads:

AFAIU, both firmware images were successfully flashed by community members at the forum 4pda.ru (translated to English) (= 4pda.to (translated to English)) on Inoi R7 phones, because it shares the same hardware (except for the cellular modem) with the Jolla C, Intex Aquafish and the Android phone Wiko Mobile - TOMMY (there might be other Android phones by different “brands” using exactly this hardware).

1 Like

Yep I suppose they did it. We like China or Iran make inner resources just for us. Its a pitty and we can do nothing with this shit. There was a lil panic in liberal press about new law that deny using Russian resources from outside “bad” e-mail and phone numbers. Well… I can say nothin about it. Except one thing that on some western resources I can’t register for about 20 years ago with e-mail register at mail.ru domain. They say it was Russian spam-protection those years… Maybe they were right I dunno. What a hell around us…

It’s all from this one thread https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?showtopic=831264
and test-point method describe in here too. I’m just not bookmark it.

1 Like