Announcing sailfishos:chum

I wonder if I am the only one who gets certificate expiration error while opening https://build.merproject.org/package/show/sailfishos:chum/wget and other urls at that site. This happens both in Desktop Firefox and Chromium. Viewing the certificate shows that expiration was at 30.8.2021.

2 Likes

Certificates have changed together with URLs. Use

https://repo.sailfishos.org/obs//sailfishos:/chum/4.1.0.24_armv7hl/noarch/

and similar

2 Likes

@jemmjemm fixed now… but better to use the new urls as @rinigus says

1 Like

Is that open repos integration tracked somewhere?

Yes, at OpenRepos and Chum integration

Hello everybody!

I’ve made a very basic app for the Chum. As for now it only lists all available packages*, visualizes package details and has a menu entry to install a package. I haven’t published the sources yet because I think the repo should be in the sailfishos-chum org.

Don’t forget to install sailfishos-chum first!

Please, let me know if this app is in demand. I can’t say I could spend a lot of time on this, but it could be a good start :slight_smile:

* All installed packages are omitted until an update is available - the PackageKit feature.

sailfishos-chum-gui-0.1-1.aarch64.rpm
sailfishos-chum-gui-0.1-1.armv7hl.rpm
sailfishos-chum-gui-0.1-1.i486.rpm

17 Likes

Very cool! Could you please provide an aarch64 build too?

That’s really nice, but you’re online-storage is in russian, and I don’t even manage to download the package due to for me incomprehensible buttons, so I can’t test it

Well, I managed now to download it by randomly tapping fields, but installation fails. I use SFOS 4.2.0.21 on XA2 Ultra

I have reuploaded RPMs to Google Drive.

Do you have the sailfishos-chum installed? You can find an RPM in this thread or at OBS.

1 Like

Done) Check my original comment.

2 Likes

Actually I don’t. I did not realize that this is required seperately. I’ll give it another try

I tried again and it’s working now. I see the available apps in chum GUI and can install apps. Thank you!

Thank you very much for it! Looks like integration plans with OpenRepos is stalling a bit and this is a very welcome addition.

We can make the repo at github for you at Chum org, just let us know the preferred name. sailfishos-chum-gui? Or something else, as just “gui”?

I presume you pull info from what was written in the SPEC. Great push to make sure that this info is adequate. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have no preference here. The only thing I can say - when cloning a repository just “gui” may be unclear.

Yes, only that is PackageKit::Transaction::GetDetails provides in its response.

I thought about it too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here you go: https://github.com/sailfishos-chum/sailfishos-chum-gui

You should have invite in your mailbox as well :slight_smile: . Looking forward!

1 Like

I created a submit request to chum:testing. Not sure if I did everything right

It is all in, but failing due to missing dependencies. See build logs at chum:testing

(writing just in case if @piggz hasn’t written already)

I have added you also as a maintainer of Show sailfishos:chum:testing / sailfishos-chum-gui - SailfishOS Open Build Service . This allows you to test the builds against Chum targets.

When you feel it is ready (compiles on all versions that you wish to support), please submit it to sailfishos:chum from :chum:testing. Then we can promote it to the regular chum repository.

Thank you for your work!

Check this Sailfish OS Chum installation :wink:

9 Likes