Announcing SailfishOS-Chum-Gui 0.3

And what have I to do for this? Or should I better wait for the next update? Will it self-configure then? In the moment I don’t really need something to install from Chum, and the previously installed apps from there do work fine.

There is an option in the settings to ‘force’ a certain version.

1 Like

just set the version number and hit enter

3 Likes

Yes, works fine. Thank you much @Inte and @nephros !

Thanks for this repository tool! I just wanted to report that if I choose aarch64 as “Device Architecture”, then I can’t install chum. I need to choose armv7hl as my architecture. This is somewhat confusing as the command ‘uname -a’ reports my architecture as aarch64.

Thanks a lot for your work!
I’m on 4.2.0.21 (XA2) and had chum gui v2 installed. Updating via chum does not seem to work.
Therefore I removed the gui but I’m not able to install chum gui ether via Openrepos (olf) or via the netlifly page again in the current version.
I got the error nothing provides libyaml-cpp…
Does anybody encounter a similar problem?

Yes, this is down to 64bit kernel with 32bit userspace. you can cat /etc/rpm/platform to get your userspace architecture

2 Likes

libyaml-cpp is provided by package yaml-cpp which is a regular jolla system package.
I suggest you do a pkcon refresh (or refresh cache via openrepos), and then try to install again.

@piggz @rinigus et al - Thank you for all the chum development. Do you have plans to use only file-based translations in git or at some future point use Weblate, Transifex or some other browser-based solution?

2 Likes

We should make it simpler for translators. Please open an issue at Github and suggest a service.

1 Like

Don’t know much, but maybe something about how the website does it, when clicking “last modified”…

2 Likes

Trying to install chum for in order to get ofonologs, looking for valid and current instructions. Found this:

https://chumrpm.netlify.app/

Looking for v0.5 chum-gui .rpm, but this url times out:
https://build.sailfishos.org/package/show/sailfishos:chum/sailfishos-chum-gui

Are these instructions current?

You can get chim gui 0.4.0 from openrepos and then update it using itself.

do i first need to install openrepos, to get chum, to get ofonologs? :smiley:

Change sailfish to merproject. There has been a dns issue with the server for ages

2 Likes

Here’s the correct url
https://build.merproject.org/package/show/sailfishos:chum/sailfishos-chum-gui

2 Likes

[edited]

found it - recursive within its own .rpm library

May it be possible, that somehow the repo of chum is causing the update of sfos to 4.5 to get stuck at 100%? Some guys are complaining about disappeared chum gui, stuck update. And the last relevant line I had in my update log was the following:

Feb 02 20:35:44 XperiaXA2 sailfish-upgrade-ui[4100]: Reverting the enabled state of sailfishos-chum to true
Feb 02 20:35:44 XperiaXA2 sailfish-upgrade-ui[4100]: Distribution upgrade error: [sailfishos-chum|] Repository not found.

1 Like

Maybe. I was too lazy and ignored the message and got stuck. Forcing reboot after some time solved that.

1 Like

Yeah, I also did not removed chum before upgrading though it was recommended by the update dialog. But perhaps a lot of people will do it like that.