Android subsystem loses connectivity when switching networks

Thank you; that’s a timesaver, and I’ll try it today.

I’ll give the APN settings change a go.

Same issue here on Sony XA2 with a singe sim card.

I use the ‘Restart network subsystem’ option about 6 - 7 times per day in order to recover the connection and then receive the missed instant messages. I even have a shortcut for it on the main menu to do so.

I was also thinking to do a cron job to simply restart the network subsystem automatically each 5 minutes to avoid any issues. Would this be easy to do?

Sadly this issue is still present in SFOS 4.4. I’ve now had it mutiple times since upgrading a couple of days ago. :disappointed:

1 Like

With my Xperia 10 II, the issue does not occur anymore since the last update (4.4.0.58).

2 Likes

I still have this problem on my Xperia 10 II on 4.4, but very rarely.

2 Likes

I haven’t encountered it even once since upgrading to 4.4 on my X10, and have been struggling with it a lot before the upgrade.

I could avoid problems that rarely occurred with the previous release by letting WIFI on for half a minute before switching mobile data off.

But since 4.4 even that does not seem to be necessary.

Unfortunately, same here on XA2…

Same results on XA2 Ultra on 4.4. Cost me 80% of my monthly data before I figured it out. A simple toggle of airplane mode solves it, but finding that was a little too late.

1 Like

A more detailed analysis covering this issue can be found here: Android Connectivity Issues Analysis

1 Like

Personally, on Xperia 10 iii I do have that exact same issue even in some native sailfish apps. For instance, the weather auto update from the event view doesn’t work in such situation. And my email are not gotten as expected, meaning always up to date (but searching manually for new emails work)
That’s why, for now, I’m keeping wifi off full time

1 Like

I’m not sure native applications are impacted by the same bug (I may be wrong) as the weather “widget” is able to connect again once the user forced it.

Which email provider are you using? If it’s gmail, there is a bug relating the auto sync doesn’t work.

1 Like

I’m using gmail and an exchange account.

Do you encounter the same problem with your exchange account?

Yes, same problem occurs for the 2 accounts.

Edit : I’ve done a trial here. I’ve switched from mobile data connection to WLAN. Then, I can still use the native sailfish browser, but not Aurora Store for instance. My exchange account was not able to sync either.
Disabling WLAN, I had to switch mobile data OFF then ON to make the connection to be fully stable and then, so that Aurora store and my email work again !

Are you still experiencing this on 4.5.0?

I don’t believe so. This appears fixed now.

Thanks! Closing as fixed then.