Android apps lose internet connection using wlan

Are there any directions we can investigate into to help jolla debugging this issue?

it looks like its something hard to test/debug, but given some pointers, I could imagine playing a bit around.

For example: where do I fond the docs on how the lxc is connected to the network?

I had the problem with Verla but it no longer occurs since upgrade to 4.3 EA (XA2 Plus dual sim).

It seems for me, that the fix in 4.3 made things worse. My Android apps still loose internet connections when I leave and re-enter my wifi range. However, up until 4.2 I could simply use the “Restart network” option from the Jolla Utilities app. This was a quick fix for me, since it just took a few seconds to get everything working again. Since updating top 4.3, this no longer works. Even after restarting network, the Android Emulator still has no internet connection. I have to restart the Android App support now, which takes a much longer time.

2 Likes

Yep, exactly the same experience here.

1 Like

Known issues to Android App Support 10 - Xperia 10 II, Xperia 10, and Xperia XA2

• Sometimes, Android apps may not be able to use Internet connections via a mobile network. If there are connection problems later on (either WLAN or mobile data), stopping and starting the Android service at “Settings > Android App Support” should help. Toggling the connection off and on is another trick to try.

What the heck, Jolla knows and will fix it eventually…

1 Like

+1 (XA2 Plus)

Really annoying!

After last sfos update, I had the feeling it has been resolved. But it still doesnt work often. Again only restarting Android support helps. As reported before, Jolla knows this.problem. No idea why its that hard to fix.

3 Likes

I can confirm this on my XA2 with 4.3.0.12.

An internal bug filed about this, once again.

If you want to help, please collect logs from your phone with this script: https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013910599

Please indicate the date and time when the connection issue was observed. This makes reading the logs easier.

We recommend filing a ticket at Zendesk and attaching the log package to it for privacy reasons.

3 Likes

i have strange behaviour: no connection e.g. on aptoide but opera works. dont use droid that often but its kind of strange.

After updating to 4.3.0.15 yesterday, connecting my android apps to my wifi network works fine on my X 10 II.

On my XA2, this bug is still there.afer updating to sfos 4.3.0.15.

1 Like

The bug is there in my Xperia 10ii, too. Stopping/starting Android support makes data flow again.

2 Likes

My Xperia 10ii is also still broken despite to the update

2 Likes

This is quite annoying, but there is an easy workaround. I simply keep using mobile data and access my LAN resources via ssh tunnel and vpn. Luckily I have a 4G tower in line-of-sight less than 100m, so I am not really missing bandwidth at all, only few ms of latency. As I do not play online games on the prone, those missing milliseconds are not really a loss. Yes, I know, there are people with only marginal mobile signal, or some specific needs which can not be addressed by this approach.

After this issue started and I figured this out, I have not bothered with wlan at all, as it was not long ago when wlan had nasty battery wasting problem. Nevertheless, it would be nice if this was fixed.

Are there any news on this issue? On my XA2 I’ve quite the same problem.

For me it seems to be a Problem with my home-Wifi - at work or in other Environments Android-Apps seem to work as expected.

Might this Problem be related to my AVM FritzBox? What kind of AccessPoint are you using?

Using a guest-Wifi all Android-Apps get Internet connections. But this way my phone is not able to connect to other devices.

Not sure this is the right thread, but I didn’t want to start yet another AppSupport-losing-internet-access thread.

Still, I could use some help. The Android side of my XA2 (4.5.0.24) lost internet access on WLAN from one moment to the next. All Android apps - except for Tor browser - cannot connect, Android settings show WiFi toggled on but eternally searching for networks that are clearly there.

I toggled WiFi on/off, also AppSupport, restarted home screen, rebooted and turned the whole phone off and on again - to no avail.

After reading through some forum threads, I thought it might be a DNS issue and tried to use dns-alternative from OpenRepos. It only installed in parts with error messages, cutting off my Sailfish side, too, until I deleted most files and folders named ‘dnsmasq’ or ‘dnscrypt-proxy’ via Terminal.

But not everything is back to normal. Currently, all Sailfish apps have internet access over WiFi except for Sailfish browser, and still no Android apps have access overWiFi except for Tor browser.

Now that my SFOS Forum app can connect to the internet again, it’s time to admit I’m in over my head and need to ask for help.

Is there a way to get AAS to recognize the surrounding WiFi networks again without having to erase the entire Android side and install a fresh AppSupport version?

I’d be thankful for any hint!

I doubt it. IIRC, App Support is a persistent state Dalvik-in-a-box which shouldn’t be changed. Nobody outside Jolla seems to understand it much. I suspect reinstalling wipes Android apps & data and wrote the truth of the matter somewhere on the forums around 6 months ago.

My 10iii’s problem with this is a bit different from my XA2’s version. If Wifi is turned on when App Support is started, I never have a problem. If it isn’t, Wifi won’t work in App Support around 2 in 7 times.

1 Like

Remove /etc/systemd/system/connman.service.d/override.conf file and restart the phone.

1 Like

I did, but no change to my connectivity issues.
But thank you for the hint anyway!