Android apps custom notification sounds

Hello!

I know similar questions have been asked before. I would rather each Android app (like Facebook Messenger, Viber etc.) play their own notification sound instead of the generic one defined in Sailfish Settings (Sounds and Feedback → Chat). I haven’t been able to achieve that so far. However, I’ve noticed that these apps do play their own sound for incoming calls… so how is the handling different for these two notification categories (chat / calls)? Is there a workaround to make this happen for chat sounds too?
P.S. I know about /usr/share/lipstick/androidnotificationpriorities file… To my understanding, if an entry about an app exists there it means that it will use the Sailfish generic sound for chat.

1 Like

Some apps have their own sounds so maybe that’s what you are experiencing ?! :slight_smile:

Yes, every app has their own sounds, e.g. viber has sounds for chat and calls but only the one for calls is used by sailfish… hence the question. Have you read it? :slight_smile:

Ofcourse I have read it! :stuck_out_tongue:

Your story wasn’t 100% clear to me so I thought maybe just mention it and see what happens! :wink:

Well, thanks! I hope it’s clearer now :slight_smile:

1 Like