Android™ App Support Top Menu Switch

I understand you and I hope Jolla implement this feature soon, but I agree with @Edz, Jolla is a small company with limit resources and there are a lot of bugs to fix.

1 Like

Could you share the steps needed to add these files and make it work without PatchManager? That would surely help some users and I would definitely mark this feature request as Solved.

Before I give details to @Maximilian1st - can someone here confirm for me that stop-start-runtime.json is an ORIGINAL file found in /usr/share/jolla-settings/entries

Sounds daft, but often i do things on automatic pilot and don’t always recall what or how I did it.

I don’t have stop-start-runtime.json file in /usr/share/jolla-settings/entries/ .

android-support-button patch only modifies android-runtime.json file in /usr/share/jolla-settings/entries/ and add EnableSwitch.qml to /usr/share/jolla-settings/pages/android-runtime/.

1 Like

Gracias @carmenfdezb - clearly i have created this file (wow, where is my head at!!)

2 Likes

@Maximilian1st - apologies for delay. I’ve had no end of problems with Android Support since I fumbled through adding the shortcut. I lost Android Support a few days and could not get it back. After 3 days of messing around, I have it working again and have removed the elements associated with the top menu shortcut. As a result, I don’t think there is any value in me giving any instructions to the “balls up” I made of it, yet it worked at first…apologies for time wasting.

You are the only one who wasted some of your precious time trying this shortcut menu and I thank you for the effort.
I realised that I have a constant use of Android apps which was not the case at the time I wrote this question first. In the end it is getting harder to live outside the big ecosystems and that is a sad thing.

1 Like