Amazfish and Amazfit GTR2

I want to change smart watches.I currently have a Pebble Steel and a Pebble 2. I like the fitness/exercise/health data from the Pebble 2 but it does’t work with Rockpool/Sailfish

I’ve been looking around and quite like the Amazfit GTR models. I see the GTR has “Bronze” support on Amazfish.

Two questions.

What experience have other sailors had with using the GTR wIth Amazfish? Does it work well enough? I don’t need all the functions. Which functions work?

Other than new features and different aesthetics is the GTR 2 compatible with Amazfish to the same degree as the GTR?

Thanks for any help.

I use a GTR and it runs perfectly even though it has Bronze status.
the only thing that does not work is the AGPS download. But otherwise all other data is transferred. I chose the GTR because the battery life is very very good (at least 25 days for me). The GTR 2 has not even half the battery life and Alexa I did not want to have. A the moment with SFOS 4.3, Amazfish has Problems with BT Connention.

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply. That’s great information.

The battery life for the GTR2 is quite acceptable for me. It’s still much longer than the Pebbles I have and I’m more than happy with their battery life.

The GTR2 has SpO2 which I would like and I prefer the look of the GTR 2. I know SpO2 is probably not supported right now on Amazfish but I like the option to be able to have that function in the future.

It’s my guess that the GTR 2 uses the same operating architecture as the GTR but with extra functions added and thus probably will work with Amazfish to the same level of functionality as the GTR. I was hoping someone can confirm or deny that.

Since its supported by GadgetBridge it can probably be added to Amazfish too

And I believe it just landed https://github.com/piggz/harbour-amazfish/commit/b40d229284faa8e86fccb7edc3cb51857148c6ce

Woo Hoo!!! Fantastic news. A big thank you to @piggz. Time to order the GTR2

At the moment the file download does not work with the GTR. Thus, the clock is missing the A-GPS data. That means a GPS fix can take 2-3 minutes.