AlienDalvik suddenly stopped working on SFOS 4.5.0.19

REPRODUCIBILITY: always since it suddenly started today
OS VERSION: 4.5.0.19
HARDWARE: Xperia XA2
UI LANGUAGE: German
REGRESSION: new

DESCRIPTION:

Today AlienDalvik stopped working on my phone. There was no update or any installation that I could link it to. When I try to start it from settings menu it seems to load for some time and then it says cannot start.

PRECONDITIONS:

happens always

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

start the phone
try to start AlienDalvik
Cannot start

EXPECTED RESULT:

AlienDalvik should start up

ACTUAL RESULT:

AlienDalvik loads for some time and after that it says “cannot load”

MODIFICATIONS:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

I tried

systemctl status aliendalvik.service

and got this result:

This doesn’t really tell me alot.
I also tried removing and installing again from Jolla store as well as with pkcon but this didn’t fix the problem.
I have searched and found alot of similar problems but most were a litte bit different and started with some SFOS update. I couldn’t find my specific problem.

Any help or ideas what even is the actual problem are very welcome :slight_smile:

How much you have empty space on your device? There has been some cases where moving data to SD card or other ways to free storage space has helped.

1 Like

Have you tried to turn the phone completely off, then on again? That’s the only way it works for me, XA2 dual sim.

Why a reboot don’t work I don’t know. I’ve tried with powerbutton plus volume up, but won’t work for me.

Might not be related to this, but for me I’ve to stop and start ofono manually after a cold boot

Thank you so much although I could have thought about this on my own. There were only about 250 mb free on the internal storage. After freeing up some space and rebooting the phone AlienDalvik worked again. :slight_smile:

3 Likes