AlienDalvik in Kvarken on the Xperia 10 Plus disables screen overlay

For what purpose did this setting get disabled? It states in Settings > Apps and Notifications > select: See All [insert number here] Apps > [App with Screen Overlay] App Info > Advanced > select: Display over other apps > a screen stating Settings at the header says below "Feature not available This feature has been turned off because it slows down your phone".

Have you found out any more information about this? From what I can tell, it is simply something that cannot be changed, unfortunately. I just set up microG on my Xperia 10 II, and this is the only checkbox for microG’s self-check that I cannot set.

I haven’t found much, but apparently it’s due to flags set at compilation of the AlienDalvik VM.

It causes problems for my calendar application CalenGoo. With this setting unavailable, my calendar alerts no longer work properly.

I had to switch to CalenGoo because the native Sailfish calendar had been broken (with respect to Google calendar sync) for a couple of years…not fixed as far as I know.

I think there’s a patch for it, but Patchmanager is not really ready for Kvarken. As well as the fact that some of these patches will have to be rebuilt for newer versions (or something needs to be done to Patchmanager itself to allow for the patches to adapt to users with the defaultuser moniker…