Advanced Camera broke with Verla

+1 for XA2. I know it’s a pretty old bug report, but there is strength in numbers.

I miss Advanced Camera too, it was the best. Since the latest two updates main camera performes badly on my XA2+. If I want to take a decent picture, I have to take my old ipad mini with me, not very convenient.

An update released a few days ago on Chum finally made it work with main camera on the XA2 Ultra.

1 Like

Works perfect on Xperia 10 ! The bug on switching between the main and front cam is fixed. Thank you very much @piggz !

Confiming too for XA2
Thanks a lot @piggz!
I arrived to SFOS after it stopped working.
First time I can try it.
It’s really nice.

If I may suggest (but I think it’d be done if possible):
Raw pictures would be great!
This to be able to adjust compression and sharpening.

2 Likes

ditto on my volla. selfies work, but at my age, that’s just not a feature :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for headsup, last update fixed AC here too (Xperia XC)

Working again. Thanks so much @piggz Was worth a donation.

Now, the new question, besides RAW picture is
How to replace the default Camera App when screen is locked?
Indeed, the “before unlock” picture function is very useful.

1 Like

I imagine that would probably have to be a patch

BTW, the gallery is not indexing the advanced cam folder on the sd-card. At least not out of the box.

About launching AC from lockscreen, also see:

I installed Advanced Camera from Chum on my XA2plus. When I open the app, nothing happens, the circle keeps turning. What went wrong?.Do I have to do something additional?

No, you have nothing additional to do. It should work. If not, something went wrong.
Did you also reboot the device, and after this check again if AC starts now?

hello

on XA2 ultra the cum downloaded version does not work
the screen background is always black

Works correctly on my XA2Plus with 4.3

Thanks for the suggestion. Fortunately rebooting wasn’t necessary. Saved me a lot of time and loss of data (Notes e.g.).I checked the necessary functions again, switched phone of for a while and now I am happy to say that Advanced Camera works! This should be the default camera app. Thank you Piggs!

Answering to myself. Installing Advanced Camera from chum made tracker stop indexing. I had to reset tracker with the utilities and have reindex all photos. Once this was done, the photos from Advanced camera appeared again in the gallery app and also on android.

2 Likes

@Kea , rebooting is switch off and switch on again, exactly what you did. Not reinstalling with much work and data loss. I’m happy to read that it’s now working fine!

You are right. I confused it with factory setting. Rebooting is necessary on my device a few times each week for several reasons. Today calling did not work, only after rebooting.