Access to contacts is not possible without privileged group

I wanted to do things all nice like god and jolla wanted but ehh here we are once again. Here are the docs Contacts | Sailfish OS Documentation saying that jolla is using qt pim contacts. Developer package is available so i thought all nice and dandy, followed qt pim documentation from exact same commit as jolla is using, opened database and tried accessing contacts aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it doesn’t work. You can’t access contacts unless you are running app in privileged group.

So because of that I have two ways of resolving it. Either I set app’s group as privileged and setgid or I make separate worker with said group and gid and communicate with it over dbus or something, and launch it only if necessary.

Input from jolla as to how they expected people to access contacts would be very nice.

Sailjail with desired permissions?

I use contacts in one of my applications. But I couldn’t access them from C++ so I access them from QML using import org.nemomobile.contacts 1.0 and then pass it to C++

ye that’s too dumb so i want to do it from c++

It is, but for my own needs it was still better than nothing…

Ye ye for now i set entire yottagram to privileged and gid till someone responds with answer :stuck_out_tongue: