[4.3.0] browser, keyboard closes unexpected after first letter when opening a new tab

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 99%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.3.0
HARDWARE (XA2, X10, X10 II, …): XA2
UI LANGUAGE: en
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): ?

DESCRIPTION:

When you open a new tab from app view (+ button on app icon) in landscape mode the keyboard disaapears after entering the first letter.

PRECONDITIONS:

open browser
hold device in landscape

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. open browser
  2. hold device in landscape
  3. swipe to app view
  4. push +button on browser apo icon
  5. type one letter

EXPECTED RESULT:

keyboard stays open

ACTUAL RESULT:

keyboard vanishes

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)
only reproducible in landscape
and with app icon +button

2 Likes

Same thing I guess:

Yes.
Very very similar.

But I could reproduce it really only in landscape and using the new tab + button from app view in 4.3.0 :confused:

Can you still reproduce this in 4.4.0.72?

After reading it again, I can also reproduce it on an Xperia 10 II with SFOS 4.4.0.72.

My initial confusion was around the + button. I didn’t get immediatley that this is the + button on the Browser’s cover page.

1 Like

I know this is at least partially off-topic, but I’m leaving this here anyway. Feel free to disregard this if you think this is not related:

The bug description fits perfectly with what I experience with Whisperfish with encrypted database: when I enter the first charachter of the password right after app startup, which auto-opens the keyboard for me, the keyboard closes after entering the first character. This happens in about once every 10-15 startups (a few times a day when I’m having a coding session on it).

Browser isn’t my daily driver, so I can’t really comment on that currently.

Thanks for your bug report @peterleinchen. Following your very clear and specific instructions I’m able to reproduce this reliably, so they will make it much easier to fix. That’s really helpful.

I’ve created an internal issue to cover this and tagged it as “tracked”.

2 Likes