Email app reports timeout, mail still comes in but slowly

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.3.0.12
HARDWARE (XA2, X10, X10 II, …): XA2
UI LANGUAGE: Swedish
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): ?

DESCRIPTION:

Since the previous public release, the mail app keeps reporting timeouts when checking new mail. New mails do show up, but only after the connection has timed out.

The problem does not occur with K-9 Mail in the android emulation, nor does it occur with any other email client on the desktop.

PRECONDITIONS:

Have an email account set up with an imap server.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Open email app
  2. Update

EXPECTED RESULT:

App will contact mail server, get new messages and show new messages (if there are any) in reasonable time without error.

ACTUAL RESULT:

App will contact mail server, get new messages and after a few minutes will show a timeout error and the new messages will show.

The error is: ‘Tidsgränsen för anslutningen nåddes’

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

This started happening with the previous update.

Any updates on this? I have the same problem and would really like a solution.

Found a solution for me. I hope it will work for you too.

• Delete mail app
  • Delete mail account from settings accounts.
  • Reboot phone
  • Reinstall mail
  • Add your account

Pretty soon after my last reply, but one only asks for solutions when they are already looking for solutions.

1 Like

Thanks for posting, that fixed it for me as well!

@gmc: I appreciate this isn’t fixing the underlying issue, but would it make sense to mark @ThijssjihT’s post as a solution?

If anyone is still experiencing this issue and would be willing to provide some logs, please say here and I can follow up with you.

I have to mention that i had this Problem on my fedora PC as well so maybe it is an general problem or something from the provider site…

I’m also affected from this problem. It started to appear a few days after setting up the imap mail accounts on the device. Which logs do you need?

Similar symptoms, similar workaround:

Thank you for the posting. That fixed the problem with my T-ONLINE.de (IMAP) account as well.