Facebook Account Does Not Work

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.0.1.48
HARDWARE (XA2, Xperia 10…): XA2
UI LANGUAGE: English
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Unknown

DESCRIPTION:

I have created a Facebook account using Settings/Accounts which appears to have been successfully created (i.e. there are no error or warning messages).

The functionality seems to imply that facebook pictures will be downloaded to the phone and facebook events will appear in the calendar. I am not clear what other functionality the facebook account provides.

Whilst I have a calendar ‘Facebook’ now on the phone and also a ‘Facebook’ folder in the Gallery app there are no events in the calendar and no images in the folder (obviously both exist on Facebook itself).

I have tried clearing and re-indexing the image cache, and also manually synchronising the Facebook calendar; neither make any difference.

The accounts has existed for over a week now and nothing has changed.

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Create a facebook account
  2. Check that facebook images have been downloaded - there are none
  3. Check that Facebook events are synchronised - there are none

EXPECTED RESULT:

Facebook events are synchronised with the appropriate phone calendar and images downloaded into the phone’s Facebook folder

ACTUAL RESULT:

Nothing happens.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

3 Likes

Thank you for the post. We have an internal bug report abut this issue.

2 Likes

Well, I deleted my facebook account on 4.3, but it seems there is still an option in settings/accounts to add a facebook account. But it doesn’t work, you can no longer add a facebook account, and it hasn’t worked for over a year across many SFOS releases. So why is the option to add a facebook account still there?

1 Like

Are you still seeing the option to create a Facebook account in the 4.4.0.72 release @Steve_Everett. My understanding was that this had already been removed from 4.2.0 onwards (I don’t have the option on my 4.4.0 device).

No, in .72 on X10 III there is no longer any option in settings/accounts to add a facebook account.

Thanks for confirming, I appreciate it. Would you be happy for me to mark this as either fixed or closed?

Niether is there on my .72 XA2 now, which is where, with earlier releases of 4.x, the issue arose - I suspect because this phone has been updated and updated since SFOS 3.x days whereas the X10 III was only ever installed with late 4.x releases onwards.

1 Like

Of course … 20 characters.

1 Like

Thanks again. I’ve tagged it and will also close it for good measure.