Cannot add Facebook account

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.1.0.23
HARDWARE (XA2, Xperia 10…): Xperia X10ii
UI LANGUAGE: English (UK)
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): ?

DESCRIPTION:

It seems to be impossible to add a Facebook account, despite it being listed as one of the possible accounts to add. New version perhaps not registered with Facebook?

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Go to Settings / Accounts
  2. Select to add a Facebook account
  3. Log in

EXPECTED RESULT:

Facebook count successfully added (whatever that implies :slight_smile: )

ACTUAL RESULT:

An Error:
“Logging into this app with Facebook is not available at this time.”

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

FB Error

1 Like

Still a problem with the latest purchased version of Sailfish.

Same Problem on my Sony Xperia 10 with SailfishX 4.1.0.24 not only with Facebook-Account, but also with Nextcloud Account since 2 weeks. Please Sailfish Team fix this bug, because I can’t synchronize my calendar and contacts.
P.S.: Today I tested the Nextcloud Account and it looks good. Synchronizing seems to be functional. But same problem exists on FB.

I actually have a Facebook account configured on my XA2 from some time ago, but it doesn’t do anything at all - no images and no calendar entries from Facebook. I reported this 5 months ago (Facebook Account Does Not Work) and I assumed, at the time, the Facebook API had changed and Jolla had just failed to keep up with the changes. It looks like Facebook may have also now changed the authentication method/type as well. If you look at my bug report Jolla state that they already had an internal bug report on this issue, presumably some time prior to my own report, but I guess that nothing has yet been done about it. Perhaps not best to expect that this will be fixed anytime soon as I’m sure they have more important bugs to fix first.

Thank you, Steve for the information.
Yes, your right, I think Sailfish team has more important bugs to fix.Then I will delete my FB Account on SailfishX.