4.6.0.15 Xperia XA2 Dual Sim is not working in Switzerland

REPRODUCIBILITY: yes
OS VERSION: 4.6.0.15
HARDWARE: Xperia XA2 Dual Sim
SIM CARDS: Lycamobil (UK-based MVNO) and O2 Germany
UI LANGUAGE: German
REGRESSION: yes

DESCRIPTION:

Dual sim is not working proper in Switzerland anymore.
Both sim cards are activated in settings.
If I select Sim card 1 for mobile network (data) the status is “registered”, status of sim card 2 is “unregistered”
On the top screen simcard 1 shows network signal, sim2 is without signal.

When I switch mobile network (data) from sim 1 to sim 2 then
the phone starts searching network for both simcards.
The result:
Sim1 status searching - later - unregistered
Sim2 status “registered”
On the top screen simcard 1 is without signal, sim2 shows network signal.

The behavior is monitored with simcards from Lycamobile and O2 Germany .
Swapping the simcards between slot1 and 2 shows the same behavior.

Switching off / restarting the phone or switching on / off flight mode does not change anything.

Also choose one simcard for mobile network (data) and the other for calls change nothing, only the card which is selected for mobile network is registered and shows signal on top screen.

In earlier versions both simcards where available (showing signal) all over switzerland.

Close to the german border dual sim is working like expected, due to connection to german network and swiss network. Also in Germany and Spain dual sim is working.

EXPECTED RESULT:

If both sim cards are activated, both should be registered to the network and show signal strength.
Independent which is chosen for mobile network connection (data).

ACTUAL RESULT:

Switzerland only the simcard which is chosen for mobile network connection (data) is registered to network and shows signal strength on top screen. The other simcard is unregistered and shows no signal on screen.

MODIFICATIONS:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Can you receive calls to both numbers/SIMs (when both SIMs are enabled in Settings > SIM cards)?
Can you assign one SIM for making phone calls and the other SIM for mobile data (internet access)? Can you use both SIMs in this way?

1 Like

I confirm.
I also had an issue using two SIMs in Switzerland (Swisscom + SFR (French)).
I could only use one SIM at a time.
I had to de-activate one to use the other one.
If both were activated, the second one was not working (top homescreen right icon grayed)
I am not there anymore but will with pleasure run extended tests next time I go there.

Good evening,

I spent some time for testing. My setting:
Both cards are enabled in sim card settings.
The network seletcion is in auto mode
Roaming enabled
I tried all protocol settings Dual / IP / IPv6
The result always the same:
The sim card which is selected for mobile data was able to register to the network, the other one turns after searching into unregistered…
I can receive calls only with the sim card which is set for mobile data. I can not receive calls on the sim card which is seleted for calls only and not for data. ("Number not available ") Making phone calls was not possible with the sim selected for calls (and no mobile data) → no network message…
Maybe it is a Swiss specific issue…

I observed the same situation in Italy with XA2+ dual Sim in Summer 2023, with Vodafone and Telekom Germany.
Obviously this was based on an older Version of SFOS.

It worked smoothely this year in France with X10iii, though.