REPRODUCIBILITY: random (happend twice so far)
OS VERSION: 126.96.36.199
HARDWARE: XA2 Ultra
UI LANGUAGE: German
REGRESSION: don’t know
I have managed to to unlock my phone twice already without entering any code by swiping up on the lock screen.
My phone is set to instantly lock when turning the screen off / using the lock button.
My best guess is that there is a race condition which causes the phone to think that it is unlocked and thereby processing the “swipe up” as “show the application menu” instead of “show the camera from the lock screen”.
I don’t remember how much time passed between locking and unlocking the phone the first time. The second time i locked and unlocked as fast as i could.
- Press the “lock” button to lock the phone
- Press the “lock” button again to see the lock screen
- swipe up to open camera
- if you are lucky you will see your applications instead of the camera and your phone is unlocked
Not being able to unlock my phone without my code
- Android App Support is running
- LUKS 1 is enabled
- Numeric Lock Code
- Phone is set to “instantly lock” when turning the screen off