4.5.0.18 - XA2 - Android display size is not saved after restarting Android support

REPRODUCIBILITY: 100%
OS VERSION: 4.5.0.18
HARDWARE: Xperia XA2
UI LANGUAGE: German
REGRESSION: Yes

DESCRIPTION:

When opening the Android settings via Terminal and run command

apkd-launcher com.android.settings

you can select “Display” and “Advanced”. Then you can find “Display size”. When changing the display size it will always keep the naming “default” but the size can actually be changed. When I stop android support and restart it my previous selection/change of the display size is reset. If have to reselect/change the display size every time android support is started.
In the previous Sailfish OS version the change of display size was saved when starting the android support again.
Interestingly when I do the change the setting for “Font size” which is in the same menu the change is saved even after restarting android support.

PRECONDITIONS:

Sailfish OS 4.5.0.16 or 4.5.0.18, running android support and and changing the value for “Display size”

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Call up Android settings via terminal and

apkd-launcher com.android.settings

1. Change “Display size” setting
  2. Stop and restart Android support

EXPECTED RESULT:

I expect that the “Display size” setting is save even when restarting android support as it was in Sailfish OS versions < 4.5.0.x and as it still works for e.g. “Font size”

ACTUAL RESULT:

The setting for “Display size” is lost after every stop/restart of Android support.

MODIFICATIONS:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

MircoG is installed but that souldn’t be an issue as it was working in Sailfish OS version < 4.5.0.x as well.

2 Likes

Anyone got the chance to look into that issue?

It is annoying to manually adjust the display size after every (re-) start of Android support…
In the newest release 4.5.0.21 it is still the same behaviour

I doubt it, because the bug report hasn’t been submitted, there’s no tracked tag, and in summertime everything is slower.