[4.5.0.16] cannot send SMS when VoLTE enabled

Same problem here for other provider, Drillisch/PremiumSIM Germany, Xperia 10 III, 4.5.0.25. SMS does not work with VoLTE on.

Hello,

Could you please follow the instructions below to get some logs for us to research the issue further?

1. First make sure developer mode is enabled.
  2. After doing so connect to the device using ssh or open the terminal app
  3. Enter a root shell with devel-su
  4. Now enter the command below but not press enter:
journalctl -u ofono.service -u user@100000.service --output=export -f > volte_sms.log
  1. Open the Messages app, try to write an SMS but don’t hit send.
  2. Hit enter in the terminal and send the SMS.
  3. Press Control-C in the terminal to stop the logging.
  4. Open the file with a text editor and replace any phone numbers with zeros,
    and other personal information such as names with Max Musterman or similar.
  5. Now the log file should be ready to attach it to your reply to this message.
1 Like

Log file is done, but cannot attach it since it contains more than the allowed number of characters for a post. Anything I can delete from the log such as entries with with SYSLOG_IDENTIFIER=xt9-server ?

Did you try to paste or to attach the file?

Please try to attach it to your message. If attaching does not work please send me a private message so I can send you my email address to mail it to me.

@thaodan:
I also have this problem (o2 Germany). I wanted to make the logfile like described. I didnt find any phone numbers or contact details inside, so perhaps something went wrong^^. If you think, its still useful I can send it to you.

Hi, I followed the steps.
Try to attach the file: …

How to attach files (no pictures)?

Schultze

good question, I have also captured a volte_sms.log and don’t know how to attach.

Please pm me.

Thank you