[4.4.0.58] Tap missing call doesn't open phone app

No, and this is not the only one. Unfortunately.

1 Like

Can confirm this bug is also present on the Xperia 10 II

3 Likes

Same problem on Xperia 10.

1 Like

Yup, same problem with JollaC aswell.

1 Like

I can confirm this behavior on a fresh install of 4.4.0.58 with a XA2 single sim.

2 Likes

Do you mean problems concerning email sync? In my case the up to date setting does not work whereas the Interval settings work.

No, I mean this.

Yeah, me too. I noticed it the other day when I tapped a missed call and I didn’t get the contacts app with easy access to phone back. Xperia X with SFOS 4.4 (no Android support, no patches or such, and only official apps from Jolla store).

1 Like

XperiaX phone in any way did not work, sms either after upgrade. Death in the family, had to pull sim and put it in a degoogled Android backup phone while my wife cried. Thanks guys great work!!!

I “fixed” it by deleting Sailfish 4.0.rubbish and doing a clean reinstall of 3.4, now everything works as expected. GPS, bluetooth, the actual PHONE, etc - all issues solved.

Highly recommended fix.

This issue needs to have a proper bug report in Bug Reports category. @silta would you like to make one?

2 Likes

Well, I’ve moved the current thread to the bug report category directly and tagged it with 4_4_0.

1 Like

I tried that too, but I guess with trustlevel 2 it doesn’t work. Therefore thanks to @dcaliste.

tagging the community bug team here: @thigg and @pherjung

This bug has already been added to the next community meeting :wink:

Oh, great, thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

I’m proposing a PR (hopefully) fixing the problem : https://github.com/sailfishos/sailjail-permissions/pull/124

It is coming from the fact that the phone application is prestarted and prestarted application rights are not declared exactly the same way than normal applications. As far as I understand, the phone application run inside sailjail, without prestart, should work, because it is declared that it can own “com.nokia.telephony.callhistory” DBus service. But the prestart version doesn’t have this ownership granted. This service is used by the notification system to set the action on a miss-call.

I’m not sure the PR I’m proposing is the right way to do it, but let’s see what the reviewers will say.

3 Likes

I’ve created an internal bug issue related to this, so have also marked it as tracked. However, as I’ve just described on @dcaliste’s PR, I believe this may have already been fixed by changes elsewhere.

@dcaliste: thanks for your PR on this. Perhaps we can discuss this further there, and I’ll try to get someone who knows better than I do (e.g. @tomin) to take a look.

2 Likes

Thanks to @dcaliste and @tomin this will be fixed in the next release (after 4.4.0.58), so I’ve tagged the bug as “fixed”. If you still experience this after the next update, please flag it up.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread too and made the issue clear, and to the Bug Coordination team for raising the bug.

3 Likes

Hmm, I think this now worked correctly with 4.4.0.64 (jollaC). Can others confirm? I’ll try to remember to check/verify again when there’s the next missed call…

I can confirm that. As @flypig announced, this bug is fixed.