4.4.0.58 Smoother Experience So Far

Until now, whenever I update the OS to the latest version, i feel the whole experience will be smoother - right from minimizing the app or selecting the menu item from pulley meu. But after few days or weeks, it will be back to being a bit sluggish.
But somehow after this 4.4 update, I feel the experience has been smoother than ever, even weeks after update. Has anyone felt the same?

6 Likes

I can’t say. I haven’t really thought about it that way. But in broad comparison with Android, I think SFOS is smoother and more intuitive. To me, SFOS is easier to use - I get more things done, quicker. I bought a Sony Xperia 10 III in mid November and have been playing around with it for a couple of months now. I kind of like the physical phone, but Android… No, to me it’s buggy, ugly, inconsistent/incoherent, and in some cases flat out stupid. SFOS is way smoother and smarter, not just aesthetically but also in the way the UI works and how the whole system is put together and works together with the apps. I’m looking forward to install SFOS on Xperia 10 III and start using it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I agree that SFOS is way better than Android in terms of UX. That is why I am not comparing both the OSes here. My topic here is about the comparison of smoothness of various versions of SFOS. In case you have experienced using multiple versions of SFOS before 4.4 you can comment on that too.

3 Likes

All I can say is I feel SFOS is getting better with every update :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just used 4.3 and 4.4 on a XA2. I didn’t notice a ‘smoothiness’ difference.
I just feel like in a good warm bath in both :yum:

2 Likes

I´m on Board since SFOS 4.1 with XA2 as my Spare-Unit and since 4.2 on my Daily Driver Sony X Compact. The experience increased from Release to Release, yes!

3 Likes

I’m onboard since 3.3 @ XA2 in 2019 and sold it in 2020, bought a Xperia 10 since 2020, and have also a Volla phone since 2022. My feeling is, every new version works better than the previous one. Thank you Jolla!

2 Likes

On board since 20171014:17:42. and happy ever since. Most of the times something went wrong, I had messed around with the system before. Daily driver with Xperia X and XA2 all the time.
I had to uninstall some stuff to make space for the last update, though. Reinstalled three apps. Works.

1 Like

No, SF has always been fast on my XA2. Was even fast on my 1GB Moto G2 if I didn’t open >1 big app (nod to Michael S).