[4.3.0] [4.2.0] Can't pair Bluetooth to device asking PIN code

Xperia 10 III 4.4.0.72

I tried to connect to a “Jaguar F-Type” today. A Project 7 actually.

The car system gives two options, either to wait for a device to find the car, or for the car to search for the device. In both cases it fails. One outright with a mismatch PIN claim, the other asking for a code to be entered on the new device which never gets requested on the phone and it bounces back to failure.

Either way it’s a big fail.

So, bottom line, I can’t buy a Project 7 this week!

Bluetooth on SFOS has been trash from the start and is NOT getting any better. The entire technology through Sailfish is abysmal to say the least.

BT is crap everywhere since V1 and that hasn’t changed. For whatever reason, it’s flakey and SFOS implementation is as flakey as others.

I had another go yesterday and it connected. PIN codes appeared but I didn’t enter anything on the phone and despite what looked like some error, it connected and worked. It also automagically re-connected after being away from the powered off car.

So I guess I can buy a Project-7 after all :o

4.4.0.72 Same problem with my car handfree.
Car is expecting PIN 1212, phone doesn’t prompt for it.
(Paired happily back on 3.4)

I have to ask what brain dead moron would think it was a good idea to replace prompting for a pin, with silently using 0000, saying nothing, and failing. Another 15minutes of my life lost forever.
[Disappointing as it paired seamlessly yesterday with a Hyundai Kona, now displays all the music information, and uploaded call lists to the car]

Have you got a dealer, looks like I will have to sell mine and buy a Jag. Do they do trade ins?

That was the correct fix (mitsi outlander): Set the “PASSKEY” to 0000 at the bottom of the Bluetooth setting menu on the car. It only has to be during the register phase, once registered in the car it can be set back again, and continues to pair.

You have a Project 7? Since a Project 7 is a limited edition special version of the F-Type Jaguar, I’m not sure what you mean. :slight_smile:

A friend had a €20k solar system installed. I’ve been looking after the house and dogs for the last month.

The solar system is made by Victron and can be controlled via Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth. I did try pairing with my device but was instantly rejected and does not ask for the 6 digit password (000000). The app is for Android but of course, it won’t run on Sailfish, it installs, it starts and promptly crashes back to a black cover…SailfishOS, is it secure?, YES, you cannot do anything with it, that’s why it is so secure!! {{{smh}}}.

if the app is for android, why you complain about not being able to use it on SailfishOS?
Sorry but please complain to the app manufacturer to release SFOS version instead.
If he won’t do that then sorry but Jolla can do nothing about it.
It’s like you’d complain here why you can’t have iOS apps working on SFOS - it’s just you can’t.
And having the ability to even install android apps on SFOS is from my point of view - the biggest mistake that has been done as now users comes here and constantly complain about it where there are much much bigger problems to fix.

Why do I complain?, for the same reasons you do.