[4.3.0.12] Jolla camera (also torch) does not start at all - as well as videos do not play

That absolutely sounds like a not completed update despite the absence of any error message. (it were about a handful of packages missing only)
But I am pretty sure you will not get any explanation on that by Jolla or other peeps thinking this update mechanism or kind of OS is ready for end users…

No, definitely not!
But, many thanks for the flowers :wink:

You are welcome.

@abranson’s instructions worked for me, too; the adaption-common repository was there again after these commands.

After that a version --dup updated a few packages, and after a reboot the camera was usable on my Gemini again.

1 Like

I had the same camera/torch problem after a series of updates from 4.0.1.48 Koli step by step untill 4.3.0.12 Suomenlinna (2021-11-14).
Hardware: Sony XPeria XA2 (Apparaataanpassingen: 0.0.9.8)
(ps: although camera worked in Signal).
Learning from your post I first checked the repo list and noticed the “adaptation-common” was just not there.
Followed the rest of the commands and that fixed the problem.
Thanks a lot, it saved my machine from the trash…

I just run across this same thing.

Hardware: Sony Xperia 10+ Dual sim. Two sims and 128GB microsd (formatted to ext4 and encrypted).

My Xperia 10 was bent and had all kinds of issues, so I pulled out spare, flashed it with the bought SailfishX 3.3.something, installed some default apps (all Jolla’s), then started upgrade up to Suomenlinna. Camera app just dies after a wait. I used peterleinchen’s set of commands and that did it. Now it works.

So far I have used developer tools just for the fun of it. Mostly used ssh/scp to access the phone and update my music library. This was the first time I actually really needed those tools to get the phone up and running.

Thanks to all you more knowledgeable for solution. I had Suomenlinna also on Xperia 10 dual sim (no plus). There everything worked. Weird.

Hello, Same here and have been occasionally with older software releases too. reboot at least is needed to fix.
symptoms I have had with camera & flash.

• flash not lit, also torch is out of course
  • cameara very bad in darb environment or in bright light.
    pictures either blueish or green.

Video:

• slow and stuttering
  • screen may start flashing during record and then after a while it sometimes turn green.
  • phone may even hang for a while if video recording is continued in that conditons longer.
    other minor strange anomalies that i will not list…

I have not made any tweaks to my phone nor used any other than jolla repos etc. Just used sailfish as it is.

The behaviour you describe is different (camera works but quality is bad vs. camera crashes), so please create a separate thread for this issue, or continue another one which more accurately matches the problem you experience

Thanks, deusexbeer, for the fix. I did your “update” instructions in reverse to make sure “zypper” was installed and there were no errors on “ssu ur”. I got it all right on the first try and everything works again. Have a very nice day. :slight_smile:

After discussing this internally, it seems this issue described here should be fixed by updating past 4.3.0, so I’ve tagged this as “fixed”.