[4.2.0.21][Xperia 10 II] No predictive text input

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): always
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.2.0.21
HARDWARE (XA2, X10, X10 II, …): X10 II
UI LANGUAGE: German
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): new feature according to release note

DESCRIPTION:

When the keyboard is shown and text entered no auto complete words are listet above.

PRECONDITIONS:

Status after install of new version.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Open app that allows to enter text (e.g. notes)
  2. Start typing

EXPECTED RESULT:

Suggestions for word to be typed listed over the keyboard.

ACTUAL RESULT:

Bar for word is empty.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Android support is working. Is something wrong with my licenses? I purchased “Sailfish X for Sony Xperia™ 10 II: 49.90 EUR”. So I guess I should be entitled for predictive text input.

1 Like

You have to download predictive text input app on Jolla Store in addition to the keyboard.

1 Like

As @Willdu80 suggests: predictive text input must be installed manually from the Jolla apps in the Jolla Store:

Sorry for the question but I was not mentioned in the release notes that it needed to be downloaded.

Download and reboot did help =)

I don’t know if your typo in the post title was intentional or not - it was kind of funny :slight_smile: Anyway, I corrected it, hoping that someone else might find the information easier.

A short summary if I may:

1. Predictive Text Input (PTI) requires the valid Sailfish licence on your Jolla account to make the app appear in Jolla Store
  2. PTI must be installed from Jolla Store (downloaded and installed like any app)
  3. The phone must be restarted to complete the installation of PTI (as a deviation from most other apps).

After this, the bar of predicted words appears on top of the virtual keyboard on various apps.