[4.2.0.19] Class 0 SMS are not displayed at first try

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.2.0.19
HARDWARE (XA2, X10, X10 II, …): XA2 and X10 II (I tried on both)
UI LANGUAGE: Swedish
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Yes

DESCRIPTION:

My office uses “flash” SMS to send a pin-code to my phone when i connect to there VPN and since i updated to 4.2 i always have to sign in twice to get the SMS to show.

First i login with my credentials. And i get a SMS. I here the notification and the screen lights up but no message is displayed. so i have to cancel that login attempt

The second time i login with my credentials i get another SMS and the second time it always manage to show the SMS (if i do it with in some timeframe that im not sure of. yesterday i got distracted and didn’t relogin for an hour and that time it did not work)

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

EXPECTED RESULT:

The SMS is displayed

ACTUAL RESULT:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

3 Likes

Its the same with the 2 factor auth from my company. The first SMS is resived but not displayed.
As the type of SMS is a Flash SMS it is also not stored, so I allways have to Login a second time, thats problematic, bexause with the third incident my account will be blocked!

This Bug is not new, it was closed once in 2014 now its back:
https://together.jolla.com/question/11509/flash-sms-issues/

1 Like

Every second SMS is not displayed, the od numbers: 1,3,5… These SMS are trashed instantly

I’m seeing this problem aswell.
If the display is turned off, the first flash SMS received will be destroyed.
When display is on it’s possible to see the received flash SMS.

This is on JollaC with sfos 4.2

For me its not possible to see the SMS even if the display is “on” no matter if I’m using the phone when i’m requesting a flash SMS or not. the first one sounds and vibrates like an incoming flash SMS but nothing is displayed, no matter if the screen is on or off. the only difference is that if the screen is off it lights up

1 Like

For those who are interested, it seems to work again with 4.3. Haven’t had any problems with it so far atleast