4.1 Bugs on an XA2 Plus - Contact images gone / Bluetooth connection to car stereo

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): = 100
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.1
HARDWARE (XA2, Xperia 10…): XA2 Plus
UI LANGUAGE: English (UK)
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Yes

DESCRIPTION:

After upgrade from 4.0.1 to 4.1 the nine starred Contacts to which I had appended images have now disappeared.
The nine starred Contacts still have a square ‘halo’ icon indicating that something should be there, but no image is displayed. Instead you see the ambience behind the halo outline.

Going into edit mode on a contact no longer shows any options to add/update/delete a Contact image.

PRECONDITIONS:

upgrade to 4.1. Contact images have survived a number of previous upgrades - from 3.2 - 3.4, and from 3.4 to 4.0.1

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

EXPECTED RESULT:

See a 3x3 pane of Contact images for the nine starred Contact records at the top of the window.

ACTUAL RESULT:

See a 3x3 pane of square ‘halo’ icons over the background ambinece for the nine starred Contact records at the top of the window.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Separately - not confirmed if this is a car issue or a 4.1 issue - but unable to reliably get my car stereo to connect to phone for audio pass-thru since the upgrade.
Will connect sometimes, and not others.

Can confirm.

As a workaround, I did a full import of all.vcf from my backup. Had to clean up lots of contacts afterwards, though (e.g. all notes were duplicated). But at least, I got all my contact images back.

Did you try to fix group ID of the pictures?

First did a restore from a backup taken after 4.1 installed. No change, images still missing.
So, I tried a backup taken a few weeks back taken under 4.0.1 and that has done the trick. Contact Portraits restored.

Nice. I did that too and it improved (but not fully) situation. But I would still check the group ID numbers. It can’t hurt.