[4.1.0.24] GMail Connection Timeouts

REPRODUCIBILITY: 90% - 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION: 4.1.0.24
HARDWARE: XA2
UI LANGUAGE: English
REGRESSION: Upgraded from SF3, no issues under SF3.

DESCRIPTION:

After updating to SF4.1 from SF3 (in 2 steps - first updated to 4.0, then updated to 4.1), my two GMail accounts synchronised fine. Later that day, my main GMail account stopped synchronising, instead giving a “Connection timeout” error against the account in the Email app. The second account was synchronising fine. Disabling the GMail account, restarting the phone, enabling the account and syncing would work, but then the error would return. A few days later (today), the same thing started happening with the second GMail account, after it worked fine for a few days.

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Update to SF 4.1
  2. Restore phone backup
  3. Resync with GMail account

EXPECTED RESULT:

Email functionality as before

ACTUAL RESULT:

Connection timeout errors.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

I’m not familiar enough with the OS to know where to find relevant logs, but I can post them if someone points me in the right direction. GMail syncing is working fine on other devices, and GMail has no blocked devices or any security warnings outstanding on either account.

1 Like

I have a similar issue on my XA2 Plus but since I updated to Sailfish Version 4.2.0.21. I always get Sync error, but the emails are still received.

I solved it by deleting the Google Account and add it back again. It works without any issues now. Of course you have to do all the required Google authentification all over again.

1 Like

A bit late, but this did indeed sort out the issue. Thanks!

1 Like