REPRODUCIBILITY: Happens intermittently on different programs, no clear trigger
BUILD ID = OS VERSION: 220.127.116.11
UI LANGUAGE: English
REGRESSION: Compared to Xperia X.
The phone will randomly stop responding and only holding the power button to force a shutdown and then holding it to start again resolves this.
More in detail:
- If the phone is animating something at the time of the lockup it will flash between several frames of the animation.
- There is no response to touch input and no visual response to volume button input…
- Short pressing the power button will toggle the screen on/off but whatever is displayed remains displayed.
- If a call is received while in this state the ringtone will play but there is no way to answer (I will try to trigger an answer from my bluetooth headset if it is connected next time this happens).
- SSH sessions remain responsive however I have not succeeded in restarting the UI from SSH, the dbus command mentioned here does not work.
Personally I suspect this is a lipstick or wayland failure.
Happens seemingly at random, some days multiple times others not.
Will be happy to add relevant logs you tell me where to look
Yesterday when I connected the phone to developer mode it seemed to happen pretty consistently after putting it in developer mode.
# systemctl --failed UNIT LOAD ACTIVE SUB DESCRIPTION ● dev-mtp.mount loaded failed failed FFS mount ● product.mount loaded failed failed Droid mount for /product ● system.mount loaded failed failed Droid mount for /system ● firstname.lastname@example.org loaded failed failed LXC Container: multi-user
systemctl --user restart lipstick kill -9 [PID of lipstick]
to no avail, lipstick does restart (screen goes blank shortly) and a new PID is seen but the UI remains in the same state, so it would seem to be at a different level then lipstick.
I did not see a wayland service that I could restart though.
When the crash happens sound output also stops.