[4.1.0.23] Warning: Remove pakets before update

Hi. I would like to update my Xperia X from 4.0.1.48 to 4.1.0.23. But after download of the new update there is the following message: “Uninstall the following pakets: habour-amazfish, kdb-sqlite3-driver, libKDb3-3 before you start the update.” How exactly do you have to take this? Do you really have to uninstall them? How can I find out which apps need them? What happens to my track files from Amazfish? Thanks for your support.

1 Like

Try to simply proceed:
This mechanism was introduced by Jolla in SFOS 3.4.0, and when upgrading to v4.0.1 it uninstalled those packages and disabled their repositories automatically.
The changelog for v4.0.1 does not state that this mechanism was changed (which is what you used when starting the upgrade).
For v4.1.0 also no change is denoted, except for the displayed messages.

2 Likes

Yesterday I uninstalled harbour-amazfish and successfully updated to 4.1.0.23. But now I could not reinstall harbour-amazfish again. I got the message: “nothing is provided by libicui18n.so.66 which is required by libKDb3-3-3.1.0-1.6.1jolla-armvhl7”. Is there a workaround to install amazfish? Or should I wait until a new amazfish version is deployed by the new sdk?

1 Like

This is a different question now, which should be posed to Amazefish’s author, i.e. at OpenRepos or in its bug tracker (Github / Gitlab / wherever).

1 Like

Maybe a devel-su pkcon refresh will help bevor installing amazfish again.

As the author said here https://openrepos.net/comment/37462#comment-37462
We need to wait for the SDK release.

You can still install application by creating symlinks for icu libraries and forcing installation. Application starts, but daemon required it actually to function fails to start. You can see your old data, but communication with the watch does not work… so, it’s useless.

2 Likes