[4.1.0.23] Microsoft Exchange sync schedule not reliable

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.1.0.23
HARDWARE (XA2, Xperia 10…): Xperia 10 ii
UI LANGUAGE: English
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?):

DESCRIPTION:

Sync schedule set to “Twice a day” , “Every hour, 15, 30 minuties” , it still not updating in email itself when arrived the time

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Setting > Account > Microsoft Exchange
  2. Sync schedule

EXPECTED RESULT:

ACTUAL RESULT:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

3 Likes

Any idea of this problem???

This problem, and related problems with email accounts & synchronisation, has been going on for many years with no fix available. A quick search of the bug reports on this forum and the old Jolla Together forum will throw up many bug reports on the topic of email synchronisation, also unfixed - so I wouldn’t hold your breath…

This bug should have been fixed in the latest Sailfish OS 4.4.0 Vanha Rauma release, as noted in the Accounts section of the release notes here:

[Release notes] Vanha Rauma 4.4.0

If you are in a position to do so, it would be very helpful if you could retest the bug on the latest release and confirm whether it’s fixed, or you still experience issues.

If it is indeed fixed, it would also be helpful if you could please mark the bug as solved.

In case it’s helpful to know, the issue we fixed was only affecting Xperia 10 II devices.

Please provide MFA for Exchange, more and more exchange services require that.

That’s understood, and as you know we already have a feature request elsewhere for EAS OAuth2 support. I think I replied to that thread relatively recently.

1 Like