[4.1.0.23] Lockscreen freezes when notification received

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): ?
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.1.0.23
HARDWARE (XA2, Xperia 10…): Xperia 10 ii - Dual Sim
UI LANGUAGE: English
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): ?

DESCRIPTION: Lockscreen freezes when Notification displayed. Only holding power button and doing a restart will fix.

PRECONDITIONS:

Possibly when on charge? Phone not in use (placed aside) When Email is received and the notification displayed

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. See Preconditions
  2. Phone placed down (sometimes on charge)
  3. Email received and Notification bar displayed

Have not deliberately reproduced but have experienced this freezing about three times now since OS flashed.

EXPECTED RESULT:

Buttons work and Lockscreen can be unlocked.

ACTUAL RESULT:

Buttons (other than continuous press to power off) and screen do not work. Notification bar remains frozen on screen.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Have now experienced this a number of times when leaving phone and when a notification is received.
Interested to hear if others have experienced particularly on Xperia 10 ii

2 Likes

I have experienced a few freezes already I find the same origin. My phone was not in charge but probably placed face down. Restarting lipstick via ssh doesn’t work.
Last time I did some test and taping on the screen I felt and hear vibrations. It looks like freezed picture in overlay and there is something underneath.
edit:
Happened once again. It is not static, wifi signal level meter is changing after tapping against screen over “You don’t have any notifications right now” text.

2 Likes

I have the same issue exactly as described. This occurs multiple times per day.

1 Like

This just happened to me - pretty much out of the blue - a couple of days ago and has happened multiple times since then. I even disabled automatic E-Mail sync to get less notifications, but that only got rid of some of these freezes.
The interesting thing is that the screen actually does react to inputs (I can feel the feedback from buttons when entering the unlock code, even though I can only see the lock screen with the time when it was frozen) but does not seem to update. If anyone has a good idea on how to get any more info so that I can at least know why it happens or which components to restart (instead of going through the process of rebooting the entire phone) that would be really helpful.

Also, it seems a bit strange that I had no trouble at all until this week… and there isn’t anything I changed with my system.

1 Like