[4.0.1.45] Whatsapp does not get accounts from Nextcloud CardDav Xperia X

WhatsApp can now access my contacts in my CalDAV (OwnCloud 10) account, with SFOS 4.1.0.23 EA, that is! @PeperJohnny does it work for you? If it does, this issue should also be reported as fixed :slight_smile:

Unfortunately it doesn’t for me. Did you do anything special or just deleted the local ones and everything was well?

I did a fresh reflash with 4.0.1, and now updated to 4.1.0. All my contacts are on my synced OwnCloud account.

I however installed WhatsApp, granted it permissions manually, and only then started it… Could you double check the permissions?

Can’t do this unfortunately because of the old aliendalvik on the Xperia X. I’ll reflash once my 10 II is running. Maybe it doesn’t happen on new installs.

Same problem for me (Xperia X and Google Accounts).
Update to 4.1.0.24 don’t solve the issue.
No contacts information on Whatsapp.
I use WA widely in my work and it’s very difficult without contacts info.
Be patient and wait, they’ll fix it.
Be patient and wait, they’ll fix it.
Now my patience is near to the end.
I love Sailfish way, Sailfish UI, but I need to have usable apps.
And no, I don’t want to spend 300 euro for a new phone plus a new licence for Sailfish.

I got the feeling. I ended up exporting my contacts as vcf and reimporting them. However that are the benefits gone from syncing. Sadly or gladly it works flawlessly on the X10-2.

The same for me : Sailfish X on Xperia X and now on the 4.1.0.24 : It does not work!
I guess that it has to do with Android 4.4 level of the Xperia X. But up to 4.0 it was working! So I’m disappointed to say the least!

Ok Xperia 10 II is on my way, but not very happy that I need to buy a new one just for that annoying behavior.

I have the same problem here, Xperia X F5121, SFOS 4.2. The Whatsapp do read SOME of my contacts, but others, especialy those last created, its not read. One workaround that worked for me is: Create a new contact in another phone (I have one Windows Mobile here), and share that contact by bluetooth to SFOS. Than it will be recognized by SFOS. Perhaps it is a problem with permissions?